Strange Windows Issue

NevoraskiA

In Runtime
My wired network adapter icon in the bottom right of my computer shows a red X as if it's not working. I can't open a network related game that I play. However if I open a web browser, my internet and browser all work fine. If I open certain things like pictures I'm unable to close them without doing ctrl alt del... I just get a beeping sound. If I try to open certain things such as the network and sharing center they won't load.

I've ran Advanced SystemCare 8, Malwarebytes, NoAdware, and even checked the hard drive for errors. Nothing seems to be solving the issue.

The computer was working fine earlier today. I almost never turn the computer off so it was probably on for days. I moved the tower earlier and I think accidentally turned the computer off (probably hit the power button)... after turning the computer back on it's been acting weird like this. Not sure what's going on.

Also, is your network adapter integrated into the motherboard, or external (via USB or otherwise).

Integrated into the mobo.

Additional info: Just tried to restore to earlier point in time with system restore... didn't solve issue either.

Are you familiar enough with hardware/your hardware to tell if there's been damage? Check the connectors for your network adaptor on your motherboard. What motherboard do you have, BTW? It may be a Windows issue, but I want to make sure that's the case before any other advice is thrown about.

Are you familiar enough with hardware/your hardware to tell if there's been damage? Check the connectors for your network adaptor on your motherboard. What motherboard do you have, BTW? It may be a Windows issue, but I want to make sure that's the case before any other advice is thrown about.

This is a custom computer build. I'm CompTIA A+ Certified and do Dell warranty repairs for a living. There's nothing broken or loose and the network doesn't have red X on it in safe mode... only normal mode. And internet works even with the red X there which I've never even seen or heard of before. And a bad network connection wouldn't explain the lack of regular network folders opening or not being able to close picture files that I open. Oh and the network troubleshooter can't detect any problems either. Tried that also >.<

Back
Top Bottom