Help me rebuild my Gaming Rig.

Yes, you'll need to install your drivers (GPU, chipset, LAN, sound, etc.).

Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the drivers on another PC. Then copy them to a flash drive and copy them to your new system and install the drivers.

Yes, you'll need to install your drivers (GPU, chipset, LAN, sound, etc.).

Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the drivers on another PC. Then copy them to a flash drive and copy them to your new system and install the drivers.

Damn. Haha. Knew I wasn't in the clear.

Going to have to find out what I need and where to get it.

It doesn't come on the cd that came with the mother board?

Never use CD drivers, always download directly from the manufacturer site. That goes for GPUs too.

Come on Chase, why didn't you tell him that? You know I'm too busy fuming at Fed Ex right now :lol:

Damn. Haha. Knew I wasn't in the clear.

Going to have to find out what I need and where to get it.

It doesn't come on the cd that came with the mother board?
Like PP said, don't use the ones on the CD if you can - they're older. Always get the latest from the manufacturer's website(s).

Come on Chase, why didn't you tell him that? You know I'm too busy fuming at Fed Ex right now :lol:

My bad :p. I was looking into eGPU solutions for ****s and giggles lol.

Never use CD drivers, always download directly from the manufacturer site. That goes for GPUs too.

I used the cd driver just for convenience. Have downloaded utorrent, league of legends, iTunes and my Norton. With the exception of maybe WoW, this is all this pc will have on it. Including filling the HD with torrents. I Need to Renew my subscription on Norton tho.

I have a solid 10 questions I want to ask. Regarding :
What GPU ?
New ram?
Which Antivirus program?
Over clocking?
Better/different cpu cooler?
SSD?
I have two large fans on the case, is there a way, should I get them running?
Getting a new monitor?
( right now I'm using my 32 inch toshiba because the smaller one wouldn't work in higher Rez and my original one has a mark on the screen that makes it annoying during games.)

I'm kinda liking this large screen for videos and such but I want to put in a GPU and run a smaller monitor for gaming and switch to this larger HD for movies ***NOT 2 monitors at the same time***

All these questions can be answered on other threads in these forums so I won't make anymore of a monster into this thread.

Before I finish with thank you's and final pics. I have this last question:
Should I download the manufactures drivers from the site. And reinstall them? Do I need to save them to something separate in order to start over?

I used the cd driver just for convenience. Have downloaded utorrent, league of legends, iTunes and my Norton. With the exception of maybe WoW, this is all this pc will have on it. Including filling the HD with torrents. I Need to Renew my subscription on Norton tho.
Oh god no, get rid of Norton. Use Avira instead. It's free and loads better.

Use the Norton Removal Tool from here to uninstall it completely: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/norton_removal_tool.html

All these questions can be answered on other threads in these forums so I won't make anymore of a monster into this thread.

Before I finish with thank you's and final pics. I have this last question:
Should I download the manufactures drivers from the site. And reinstall them? Do I need to save them to something separate in order to start over?

Yes you should download the drivers from the manufacturer's sites. They'll be newer than whats on the CD and alleviate any possible headaches you get later when trying to troubleshoot issues from old/bad drivers.

No you don't need to save them anywhere separate - just save them somewhere that you remember, and then once they're all downloaded just run the installer for them. Most of the installers will just overwrite the old driver and you'll just have to reboot.

Last edited:
Oh god no, get rid of Norton. Use Avira instead. It's free and loads better.

Use the Norton Removal Tool from here to uninstall it completely: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/norton_removal_tool.html

Yes you should download the drivers from the manufacturer's sites. They'll be newer than whats on the CD and alleviate any possible headaches you get later when trying to troubleshoot issues from old/bad drivers.

No you don't need to save them anywhere separate - just save them somewhere that you remember, and then once they're all downloaded just run the installer for them. Most of the installers will just overwrite the old driver and you'll just have to reboot.

Amazing. There is a free anti virus? Beautiful.

Downloading the drivers off the website now.

Back
Top Bottom