Help me rebuild my Gaming Rig.

Looks like you got through the learning curve so far, Better to be overly Careful than not enough. Just think, How much pride you'll have once you have it all up and running.

Looks like you got through the learning curve so far, Better to be overly Careful than not enough. Just think, How much pride you'll have once you have it all up and running.

Oh exactly, that's the main reason why I'm doing this. I'm not the smartest guy by any means. And i want the satisfaction of doing this all myself. It's a lot of fun.

Looks to me like it's already running :lol:

Widows 7? Or the computer itself? Because I got it running. But I'm not quiet sure where to go from here. I don't want to start fiddling around. Changing things, I just want to boot.

And when I start with the windows disk in, it starts, goes to is installation. Asks if I want to install a new copy and to choose a driver. Or repair my old copy.

Kinda confused but I'm sure I could google it.

Although I have a feeling my HD isn't Beeing detected. Because when I click on "sata information" it says they are all empty except my dvd writer.
ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1426902893.452411.jpg

Hmmm.... If anyone can help while I trial and error and Google?

If you're installing onto a new HDD, you'll choose the "new copy" option.

Do you have both the power + data cables connected?

On the HDD?

No just the sata cable. I thought that's all that was connected when I tried before.

You need power and data connected.

Power is the longer L-shaped connector, and data is the shorter L-shaped connector.

sata_drive.gif

You need power and data connected.

Power is the longer L-shaped connector, and data is the shorter L-shaped connector.

sata_drive.gif

You saved me thank you.
Stupid oversight. Same with the cpu power. Those steps I wasn't aware of.

Things have went well, although im trying to reinstall Windows on the hard drive. It keeps asking to start windows normally or repair. When I repair I wait and it comes back saying it couldn't fix it. And send a report.
And if I try starting, it does a quick blue screen flash and restarts.

Might need a new hard drive?

No you need to boot to the Windows DVD again and during setup instead of "upgrade" chose the bottom option custom. If this drive doesn't have any info on it you want then delete all partitions and then click new. It'll ask about making a system partition, say yes. Continue installing Windows.

No you need to boot to the Windows DVD again and during setup instead of "upgrade" chose the bottom option custom. If this drive doesn't have any info on it you want then delete all partitions and then click new. It'll ask about making a system partition, say yes. Continue installing Windows.

Amazing. Again thank you.
It's done. I've built my first computer, rebuilt from my first computer.

I'm having trouble connecting to the Internet tho and its stumping me.

I'm getting this msg while trouble shooting:
ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1426950532.025098.jpg
But I'm trying to connect the cable from the bell modem straight to the computer like I did with my old one. I never used a wireless adapter or any other kind.

Do I need some sort of driver?

ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1426950646.261487.jpgImageUploadedByTech-Forums1426950721.117854.jpg

Back
Top Bottom