why is AMD as fast as INTEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
AMD CPU's aren't really as good with numbers than Intel, but they are better with gaming
I would say that AMD design their CPU's with the gamer in mind

it would still lag in wireframe mode because it is the CPU that processes all the polygons before the video card colours and shades them

Games are with numbers :p
They do this equation for every pixel in every frame of the game.

yeah heavy duty games do require lots number crunching. This is why durons and now semprons arent really meant for games because they can't crunch those numbers as quickly. You could run a program like SuperPI which calculates math and gives you an estimate of how long it took so that gives you a fair guess on how fast and well a processor can handle calculations.

Intels are also good for filling trash cans and putting your wallet on a diet!!
I second that! :D

I have a 3.2ghz Intel and even the newest best games run perfectly smoothly in Single Player and Multiplay on highest settings and everything. I understand AMD gets significant benchmark score for games over Intel, but noticable gameplaying differences don't seem significant, is it really that necessary? Now I know I can run my games at perfect speed and also know that my important programs like PHotoshop 8 can be noticably diffferent with Intel. So with Intel I am getting the best of both? I am not very techy so I know something is wrong probably. Maybe someone could correct me?

I am closing this thread because we now have a sticky about AMD vs Intel thread. click here

Any other AMD vs Intel threads will either be closed completely or joined into the sticky thread.

Admins or other mods please PM me if there is a disagreement with this. I beleive that is why the sticky was made....correct?

--jak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom