no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzybeth

Baseband Member
I recently formated my hardrive and reinstaled Windows 98SE (previously I had ME) prior to this I never had a problem with sound, though now I have none.
I found my motherboard cd which says
"ASUS Motherboard
NVIDIA nForce Fhipset Rev.27.05"
on it.
I tried to run the "NVIDIA nForce Drivers" option but I got a message saying Setup needed the next disk and said "Please Provide path to Win98 CD (path to extract.exe)". The given path didn't work and course I'm left without sound. The other driver instalations went fine, so what's the problem with this..?
Could someone help me get my sound to work?

I was able to install the drivers through adding hardware wizard and followed the instructions in my motherboard users manual but still have no sound...

about the best thing you can do is simply uninstall the sound drivers and try to reinstall them. Also check at ASUS's website for any updated drivers, specifically of course sound drivers in this case.

I have an nforce 2 mobo. If you built your own coputer, then try use the sound jack in the front of the case. You can move it to the back by moving some of the little wires in your mobo (I remember it was a pain in the butt when I built my coputer and had to plug all those little ones in there) :D

Nubius, I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the drivers multiple times. Once while uninstalling them I recieved a message to restart my computer (I didnt get this message durring the other previous attemps nor did recieve it again later) and of course I did so. When they were reinstalled the sound actually worked but then my computer froze in a few minutes and when I restarted my computer the sound wouldnt work just like before and hasnt worked since.

pc_boy, I'm rather confused about your post. I actually didn't build my computer but had gotten someone else to do it for me.

u'll require win98SE cd, to install some of the files from there, a I remember when I tried intalling the Sound Forge of nVidia mobo on Win98. it asked for them

I have been asked to insert the win98se cd but then it said it couldnt find the appropriate drivers.

what just baffles me so is why it sundenly worked before and then just stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom