flickering screen

BlandLizard

Solid State Member
Hello,

since a few days I'm suffering from a flickering screen.
I've already ruled out faulty monitor and cables.
before this I had the problem that the main screen went black for a second every once in a while, I don't know if this is related to the current problem.
the flickering only appears on the main screen (if I set the other screen to be the main one, the flickering continues there)
usually it stops after a few seconds, but since today it just stays until I restart my pc
I'm using an R9 270X Royal Queen. (not OC)
And using Windows 7 Home Premium
(the sound is not coming from the screen, but from holding the cam too close to my headset)

Last edited:
If you switch around the cables where the monitors are plugged in at on the card, does the same display act up, or does the same port from the GPU act up?

Have you updated your drivers and CCC from AMD's website? Is the card OC'd at all?

If you switch around the cables where the monitors are plugged in at on the card, does the same display act up, or does the same port from the GPU act up?

Have you updated your drivers and CCC from AMD's website? Is the card OC'd at all?
The problem occurs on all slots of the GPU. when i plug out my main screen, the problem just continues on the other screen.

i'm using the latest video drivers: 14.501.1003-141120a-177998C
CCC: 14.12

the card is running at the standard 1050 Mhz core clock, and 1400 Mhz memory clock

the issue keeps happening, no matter what monitor, cable or GPU slot I use.

for the driver uninstall i assume i'll first have to find the driver disk, so i'll look into that tomorrow when i get home.

the issue keeps happening, no matter what monitor, cable or GPU slot I use.

for the driver uninstall i assume i'll first have to find the driver disk, so i'll look into that tomorrow when i get home.

No, you can uninstall it from Control Panel -> Programs & Features.
Then follow the instructions on the DDU page I linked to.

No, you can uninstall it from Control Panel -> Programs & Features.
Then follow the instructions on the DDU page I linked to.

I sent the link to this to the website I bought the card from, and they suggest I send it back. so I'll do that.
thanks for your help anyway!

Back
Top Bottom