Applying thermal paste in a GPU

lucasfalves

Baseband Member
So guys, here's the thing. I have a Asus geforce 210 SILENT. I use to play skyrim, fallout 3 and NV and some other low end games. I brought it about 2 years ago i think, really not sure, been using it since. I never reapplied thermal paste in it. I brought some a few weeks ago to use on my cpu. It is no silver 40 whatever., it was the only one i could find. Ill send a pic. Should i reapply it?uploadfromtaptalk1426787548488.jpg

Mainly up to you lol. Are you having overheating issues with the card? Does your case have proper airflow / what's your room's temp?

1. Im not sure, Realtemp says it is at 60C while playing portal 2 with ''high'' graphics, is that too much? 2. My case is really simple and old, not for gaming (see the pic for an idea.) 3. I dont know for sure the room temperature, but it is 30c outside and it isnt too hot inside, i dont think the temperature here is making it a difference (i know it makes difference, what i mean is that it isnt making it hotter)uploadfromtaptalk1426790067281.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426790095859.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426790126443.jpg

PLease stop using Realtemp.

Monitor your GPU temps using a program like GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner. That being said, I doubt you're having any major heat issues and paste is your last concern. If you're worried about it then keep the side panel off and point a box fan at your PC.

Back
Top Bottom