Help me rebuild my Gaming Rig.

Basically all you need to do is put CPU in board, mount the heatsink, putt the brass standoffs in the appropriate holes on your case that line up with the motherboard's mounting holes, put in the I/O shield for the motherboard, insert board into case, screw it down into the brass standoffs. Then start connecting the rest of your build.

Exactly what I needed to know.
The "start connecting the rest of your build" part is where I need the help. I don't know where all the other parts connect. But I'll find it on YouTube.
Thanks a lot!

Newegg has a how to on building a PC. You should be able to find it easily on Youtube.

Thanks PPMguire! Again, and for everything.
I took the old Mobo out so this shouldn't be too hard.

Also curious if I can turn it on enough to see if it runs? Or will I need a GPU with this?

Also need to find my windows 7 key and disk.

Can I also state how I hate my case? Too big, too bulky, doesn't even look good. The Limited edition can shove it.

I feel like I'm driving a dump truck to work.... And I work a desk job, lol

So pretty darn sure I just roasted both my Mobo and processor.

Was kinda asking for any videos or tutorials showing how to place a Mobo onto a case, then also placing the processor into the Mobo.

I just dropped the processor in place like I thought was shown in the instructions. Pressed down with the metal rod that's used to secure it and heard and small crunching of metal pins and now I am pretty sure I destroyed what I waited so long to have sent to me 👍👍 A+++

ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1426875388.303044.jpgImageUploadedByTech-Forums1426875397.437341.jpg

I'm kinda pretty upset here struggling on what to do next. Where to put my foot or finger. Literally frozen in time.
Guys got time to help a newbie not waste $200?

Anyone? Anyone?

Shiiiiiitttttt think I'm dead in the water

I could reaalllyyyy use a solid right now here Guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Take the CPU out and look at the pins - are any bent?

If some are, but not terribly, you can try straightening them back out again with the metal tip of a mechanical pencil. I've done it on a couple CPU's before when people tried to install them incorrectly.

Yeah you'll need to put a bit of force to push the rod down.

My first time I did that, I was a little worried I'd damage something too. But as long as you have the CPU in the correct orientation in the slot, it's fine.

I really apologize regardless.
I have no experience with this but am eager to learn, and willing to spend some cash if I make a stupid mistake.

I have been taking sooo much time and care into cleaning my case and fans. I freaked out a little when I did this.

My old Mobo and cpu I took out and have here is much different, I think.

The cpu has a bunch of pins that fit into a socket type of thing on the Mobo.

This one seems like the pins are pressed up against the cpu.

I may be far out in left field. Either way I'm going to wash my hands and go for it

Back
Top Bottom