Can't load a computer game is it my hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funknuts

Baseband Member
trying to load lord of the rings battle for middle earth on my pc.
it installs and when i click on the icon to start it the first splash screen comes up and then takes me back to my desktop.

the system requirements are 1.3GHZ processor
256MB RAM
OS XP or 2000
8x or faster cd/dvdrom
video card with 32MB of memory and one of these chipsets
geforce2 GTS or higher or ati radeon 7500 or greater

i have
2.0GHz processor
512MB RAM
win 2000 pro
dvd rom 52x
64mb gefroce4 mx440 video card

i ran checkd disk and defragged my comp. closed all background processes. have the correct directx installed. uninstalled it and reinstalled the game.

took the game back and got a new one. updated all video card drivers. updated dvdrom firmware.

anybody have this kind of trouble with ayn games or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Hey I think ive got a fix for ya, i had a similar problem before. Place an icon to the desktop for your game. Right click on the icon and go to Compatibility. Change the compatibility to a windows OS that the game is supposed to be run on or is compatible with. Should work for ya now. If that doesnt work, try changing the compatibility again to your current version. If that doesnt work, try unchecking the compatibility box completely and then try it. I KNOW thats what the problem is. Hope this helped, lemme know. :D

thanks for all your responses but i figured it out. I went to microsoft and got the the patches and updates for win 2000 that i didnt have and it works fine now. thanks though guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom