Help me rebuild my Gaming Rig.

Micro stuttering...
What a stupid thing, isn't having 2 GPUs at a glance suppose to be twice as good. Not cause more problems?

I'm going to stick with a single GPU wen I get to that point. The things I read about micro stuttering and such really turned my stomach.

Also love the bag you linked to PP.

I'm going to go with the H81 mobo, after researching a bit. I think it will be its fine for me. And I can OC it eventually if I want.

Again, thanks for all the help guys!
Will update soon.

The reason a lot go crossfire or SLI is after we spend a lot on a good single card, It eventually gets old lol but like me I was waiting for the GTX970 to be released so I simply just found a used but old GTX470 for cheap, I think around $80 at the time. This basically gave me a little more power to run newer games while one would not give me any decent FPS on lower settings. So I put in thesecond one to give my GPU a little more power until the GTX970 came out. It's always good to get the most powerful single GPU that fits your needs and budget. And down the road when it's starting to struggle to play the games you like you can find a used one cheap to run two, Not all do it for that reason but that's one of the big ones, Then there are the enthusiasts that have the top cards out running 2 just for the pure power and great benchmark scores or to run real high resolutions but the standard user usually just has a 1080P monitor with no real need for the extra power.

Last edited:
Micro-stuttering comes from from communication between the cards not being perfect. Not getting double power is because scaling isn't perfect. You have to understand that there is a lot of overhead when dealing with such technology. CPU overhead, driver overhead, game engine overhead, system API overhead ect ect.

I went SLI 980s because I knew right off the bat a single 980 wouldn't cut it with my monitor. The Microstuttering isn't as bad as most make it out to be.

Back guys!!!!

So sorry for the long wait, also thank you for explaining micro stuttering too me. Completely understand what I am looking for now.

Without a computer, my phone was the only way to post on these forums, and here is what happened to my old iPhone 5. ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1426605586.800435.jpg
64gb tho. So pretty upset. But I bought a new iPhone 5s:ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1426605620.448975.jpg
So I'm back in business.

Because of this delay I also ordered the Mobo, and processor online.
They should be here today or tomorrow. I will post an update very soon.

Again thanks a lot guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

I tracked the parts and I will receive them tomorrow. I want to make sure I have everything I should need to install this mobo and processor with the PS, HD, case and DVD RW that I have. My case has a ton of extra wiring in the side. I think I might need thermal paste tho.

Also taking suggestions on a cheap GPU to handle very light gaming on low settings. Moba's and maybe WOW.

I will slowly swap out for a smaller case and faster GPU; maybe processor later. If I don't sell and rebuild a whole new system.

For now, does anyone know any video tutorials on installing this or ones like it:

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

Last edited:
Soooo this beautiful little package came for me early this morning.

I have everything I now need to rebuild this pc.

I would still like to watch/read a few tutorials on installing a Mobo. Well I guess a full build. Just so I don't come across any "hic-ups"

I also got the 3 year warranty on both items.

If anyone knows a simple tutorial about installing this (or ones like it) please let me know.

Thanks again guys! ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1426778611.200306.jpg

Basically all you need to do is put CPU in board, mount the heatsink, putt the brass standoffs in the appropriate holes on your case that line up with the motherboard's mounting holes, put in the I/O shield for the motherboard, insert board into case, screw it down into the brass standoffs. Then start connecting the rest of your build.

Back
Top Bottom