What is the fan size on the stock amd 3000+ cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
60mm fans right? If you want something more quiet or that cools better, you should go for a thermaltake v12+ good stuff

yea it is 60 i'm sure, make sure you get a good brand, all the little ones are basically the same

*edit* ohh wait, first you've got a 64b which iono what size the fan is, pull out a ruler and check if ya have to. The noise isn't necessarily coming from the hsf though.. I mean, you have a 6800 in there.. what do you think is causing the noise? a dinky little fan or the fan on the 6800?

The fans are indeed 60mm fans for the stock heatsinks. It's only once you start getting into aftermarket heatsinks do they include 80mm and up. You could always remove the 6800 to make absolutely sure which fan is causing that noise.

The damn heatsink makes the most noise in the whole case, I've put my finger on that little fan to stop it and the noise goes down about half.

mine's not too bad (and i got a 6800 and the amd 64 3000 939) but then again, i have only had it running for less than 10 seconds at a time so far :(
also im not too bothered about it being completely silent, but I have never been bothered about having a silent case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom