Gaming Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
The DBA who wanted the Pentium M server has changed his mind. He will not be buying a Pentium M server. Instead, I will give him my Pentium 4 520 @ 3.73 GHz (on air) system and I will build a Pentium M animation/web rig. I have a few questions.

Intel Pentium M 725
DFI 855GME-MGF
Powmax 702 Matrix w/ 450W PSU

I don't know what kind of graphics card to get. Any suggestions as It needs to be cheap though?

If you need to know the other stuff in this rig then just post please. Please give any suggestions and thanks!

Cheap card? Just find yourself a $30-$40 32MB video card and you're all set.

*edit*
Actually I have a 32MB video card, brand new that I was going to use on a customers computer, but decided against it, I've been wanting to get rid of it for 2 months now.. I'm selling it for $20 and I'll pay for shipping. It's brand new, hasn't been used at all, although has been taking out of the box.

Well if this is a server, you're not going to be playing games, a cheap $30 32mb video card will suite your needs perfectly.

Actually you know what, I'll just pull out the 128Mb Chaintech GeForce 4000 MX from my DAD's AXP machine that he is stripping. All I play is Sims 2 and the 4000 MX runs fine for that and so does my X600 Pro. Anyways, any suggestions.

So are you building a gaming machine like in your title? Or building a server like in your description?

ohh lol.. go for a 9600 xt or something of the sort.. that's a good power/price combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom