Upgrading rig for Streaming

1080p @ 30 usually takes at 3300 for me. I have 5Mb upload and if I tried 60fps it would go in the red even though it was less than 4500. I don't exactly trust that indicator.

Well - maybe he could sell the 290 and get a 970. But I will have to call Comcast because they say on the website I should be getting 10 upload with the level of service I pay for.

Another question. With the existing MOBO I listed - can he put AMD CPU I linked in the initial post=

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4904561

or not - the AMD website is not clear. It should work as both are AM3+, but I want to make sure. This way he upgrades his CPU for regular gaming ( $160) and then gets the 970 for the streaming (price minus the cash raised by selling the 290) and doesn't break his budget. If he can get $150 for the r290. Then get this 970 EVGA 04G-P4-2972-KR GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support ACX 2.0 Video Card - Newegg.com = $330 - then he can do the whole upgrade for about $350.00.

IF he goes total Intel - with a new MOBO ( asrock ) and a i5 ( Hazwell) = $425 plus the difference in the sell/buying cost for the 970 GPU = best scenario= $575. Which is too much for him.

I know and he knows the Intel CPU would be better- but reality is he can't afford it.

Last edited:
ok - I think he will put the 290 up for sale then. What do you think he should ask for it? The phenom is bogging on Mech Warriors - hence the reason for the CPU upgrade thoughts. I told him to over-clock it - also to clean the PC as it might be shutting down due to heat issues.

Yea my PC can handle 1080 @ 60 but my internet cannot. Plus i dazzled my stream up with overlays and a cam border and the graphics i love doing so that adds to it.. but my capture card cant do 1080p and 60 fps so i choose 720p60 and it works out well.

I don't recommend upgrading for the extra res though because a lot of peoples internet isnt great and they're sharing it so they usually stream in less than 1080p60

YA I know he was planning on 720 only. Heck if he can just sell the 290 for $200 and then buy the 970 for $330 he will be thrilled.

I will call Comcast tomorrow first before I get his hopes up.

I don't really stream much, so I like to have raw footage for Youtube.

Yea but then your internet speed is nearly irrelevant and you can capture raw with dxtory or your favorite fraps-alike software and render out from an editing software in friendly format to accommodate for slow internet

Don't need to do all that when Youtube compression will screw it up anyways. I can simply use NVC via OBS then toss it on Youtube. No point wasting an hour or more in rendering when it won't look on Youtube like it will on my PC.

Back
Top Bottom