I'm lost *PLEASE HELP*

Trollerism

Solid State Member
Hi, a while ago I purchased a PC and back then I didn't know much about Specs. Well recently iv'e been wanting to stream but I realized I needed a better processor. I could only use processors with an AM3+ socket so i bought a AMD FX-9370 Vishera 8-Core 4.4GHz Socket AM3+ The processor over heats so I also bought a cooler for it CORSAIR Hydro Series H105 . When I got the parts the processor is find but not the cooler. The cooler doesn't fit my case and I don't really know what to do. I can replace the cooler but how am I suppose to know which one is the best for me and which one fits. Even if I do get a cooler and everything works my power supply is horrible. I need a power supply that fits my computer and works well that's around 750 watts. I don't know how to look for coolers and power supplies that fit my computer and I don't know the best types. I mainly just want a Water Cooler so I wouldn't have overheating issues. Can someone help me find a good cheapish cooler/power supply for my PC so it can work?

My Case - Thermaltake - U.S.A. - V3 AMD Edition (US) - VL800P1W2N

PC Specs - Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Mid Tower Case
550W Heavy Duty TOUGH Series SATA Power Supply
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Socket AM3+/ AMD 760G/ DDR3/ USB3.0/ A&GbE/ MicroATX
8GB (2X4GB) DDR3-1333/1600 PC3-10666/12800
AMD FX-4350 Vishera Quad-Core 4.2GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Desktop Processor FD4350FRHKBOX
1TB Hitachi/Toshiba 7200RPM SATA-3 UDMA 300 32MB Cache
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB DDR 2DVI/HDMI/DisplatPort PCI-Express Video Card
Samsung 22X DVD+/-RW
8-Channel Digital Sound Card (onboard)
10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card (onboard)
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit DVD

Power supplies are arguably the most important part in any system. Going cheap on the PSU (Power Supply Unit) opens the door for many issues down the road. You have an ATX case, and therefore need an ATX PSU.

PcPartPicker.com is where I went to put my build together, and I think it's a good place to go when you're looking for price comparisons, availability, etc..

Anyway, here's a link to their selection of 700 - 1000W PSUs for an ATX case, sorted by price.
On a side note, I have read some pretty foul reviews of SolidGear PSUs, so I'd steer clear of them (unless someone here can testify to their quality).

Last edited:
Oh yeah i decided to go with the Cooler Master GM Series G750M . Now all I need to figure out is what type of cooler I can get. I bought a water cooler but it doesnt fit and they're only allowing me to replace it with another one off of newegg. If you know anything about Water coolers for my processor let me know. Thanks.

PS: The cooler has to be off of newegg.com

http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/read-first-updated-power-supply-guide-221773/

The second post has the recommended brands. Read it before you drop a dime on any PSU.

As for your CPU overheating, what thermal paste are you using? Did you clean bother the top of the CPU and bottom of the cooler before reapplying the paste? By cleaning I mean CLEAN, as in absolutely no trace left of the other paste (using alcohol and lint-free papper towels/coffee filters).

Well the old CPU i had already had thermal paste on it so idk what paste is used. And when i got my new cooler it already had paste applied onto it so i didnt need to clear any. Which now i realize i forgot all about the thermal paste so i will probably also buy thermal paste and i will apply the one i buy to my cpu. AMD FX-9370 Vishera 8-Core 4.4GHz. Any recommendations on what type i should buy? I found THIS ONE but idk anything about them so could you recommend?

Well the old CPU i had already had thermal paste on it so idk what paste is used. And when i got my new cooler it already had paste applied onto it so i didnt need to clear any. Which now i realize i forgot all about the thermal paste so i will probably also buy thermal paste and i will apply the one i buy to my cpu. AMD FX-9370 Vishera 8-Core 4.4GHz. Any recommendations on what type i should buy? I found THIS ONE but idk anything about them so could you recommend?

TX-2, MX-4, or Arctic Silver 5.

Now my only problem is the cooler situation. I have no idea which kind would fit my case but i'm hoping to find a water cooler because i can only replace the one i already bought off of newegg. Can someone help me out? And the current one i have is a Corsair H105, so i might only be allowed to replace this cooler with a CORSAIR.

The H105 is thicker, but you should still be able to put it on top of your case. The 120s look spaces, so only mount the cooler with one fan slot. Then you're done. If not, an H80i will easily mount to the top of that case.

You also don't need an 750w PSU for your rig. Something like the Seasonic M1211 620w will easily power it.

The H105 doenst fit my pc not just from the top but where the CPU is. Idk how to explain it but the cooler is basically shaped like and X . Im honestly not sure but the back piece that connects the screws is like a rectangle. Thats why the fan didnt screw on top of my CPU in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom