How does this Computer look?

Looks good, I don't know where you live but over on the east side of usa.
When tempatures get "WARM" its best you have a small fan or ac unit regulate the tempature in your room.
If I keep my room tempature between 70c-85c it'll keep my amd from getting too hot.
Keep your room dust free and clutter free makes a difference if your a amd user.
PM I want to give you some info for your computer like I mentioned at the beginning of your thread.
I think I sent you the PM

You need to put Steam on your HDD.

Also, you didn't need to link or make a Microsoft account for 8. THey have offline profiles.

Steam is installed to my SSD and I have set up a game library on my storage drive that I am going to move most of my games over too. I didn't know about offline accounts at the time, but it doesn't matter anymore.

As for the SSD and games, MOST games right now will not have any advantage to being on a SSD and should be on the storage drive. I keep all my steam games on my storage and put BF4 on my SSD because battlefield def does take advantage of the SSD.

I am moving most of my games over.
ddd4ac6b2f.png

Here is a list of my Steam games, any in particular I should keep on the solid state drive? Thanks

I'd move all your games over. I haven't found a game in my whole Steam library that properly takes advantage of an SSD. I even have a 512GB SSD just for Steam and Origin.

Get used to it, microsoft is like google if not worse when they want to meddle in your life.
Only way to keep your accounts discrete is to not link everything to one source of access.
keep your information private and not in public, prevents MS and google from sniffing into stuff they shouldn't be in.
They only have the info that you give them - just restrict on how much info you put online.

Registry in 8 is flat out sorry, broken and pitiful, I've seen w7 and other distros of linux like suse and ubuntu.
Perform so much better without much crashing or wearing down.

Not sure what you mean by Win8's registry is "broken". I've never had registry issues in Win8... And you know *nix doesn't use a registry, right? That's a Windows thing.

I know. You don't need a Microsoft account to do that, there is an option for a local account.

Yep. I have a local account on my system - it's just obfuscated to how you get to it.

Gotta choose the "I don't have a Microsoft account" option (IIRC), and then it should give you the choice to create an MS account or create a local account.

I am going to move Source Filmmaker over to my SSD, it loads a lot of files so I think it would be best there.

Any and all actual programs that aren't bigger than say 10GB in size should go on your SSD. Games besides a certain few should all go on your HDD, as well as media like pics, movies, music.

Any and all actual programs that aren't bigger than say 10GB in size should go on your SSD. Games besides a certain few should all go on your HDD, as well as media like pics, movies, music.

Its a really big program and when I add alot of addons it will get huge, but Its not loading all of that stuff at once because It is physically impossible. It loads really slowly compared to everything else so I am gonna move it to my SSD even though with addons it will grow over 10gb

Well I thought the same thing about my Superior Drummer app. After the drum packs and other software it was about 72GB in size. I uninstalled it all and moved it to my SSD and even though it was faster it wasn't really worth it to me because I didn't have much space left over. So if it's over 10GB I'd think pros and cons unless you have almost your whole SSD left.

Back
Top Bottom