Weird Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have HD audio, Nvidia drivers and the realtek in the sound drivers right now.

Also my rear jack only plays the rear sound so i dont get any sound at all.

This is the main problem, do the video card driver installation over again.
Go to your control panel and uninstall the graphics driver.
Use the nvidia drivers you downloaded and reinstall it.
Only tell the installer not to let it "install" nvidia sound HD.
Make sure to pluck out any crapware while installing the drivers.
Once your done, reboot the machine again for final changes.
Now check your control panel and go to sound settings.
If I'm right your realtek hd will be your default sound device.
Do like I suggested with the volume sliders and that should keep it under control.

Nvidia HD audio only applies if he's using HDMI out on his video card to a TV. He's using headphones connected to his PC either in the front or back.

Nvidia HD audio only applies if he's using HDMI out on his video card to a TV. He's using headphones connected to his PC either in the front or back.

It doesn't really apply itself like that, if you run the installer you'd realize nvidia sound driver makes itself default.
If we're not carefull it'll cause our main sound device to become disabled or uninstalled.

This is what I think is his issue, if he didn't detick the box for nvidia sound.
Sure as I'm sitting here typing thats the main culprit.
This is why I don't like nvidia or ati supplying there own sound drivers.

It's never made itself default for me. Also, his issue with with sound oddities, not having no sound.

The 3rd party software bundled with Realtek drivers comes with SVM and other "normalizing" or "clipping reducing" enhancers that can cause his issues. Removing them entirely should resolve his issue.

Also OP change the setting in the advanced tab to 24bit 48000

It's never made itself default for me. Also, his issue with with sound oddities, not having no sound.
+1

Never made itself default for me either on any system I've worked on.

The 3rd party software bundled with Realtek drivers comes with SVM and other "normalizing" or "clipping reducing" enhancers that can cause his issues. Removing them entirely should resolve his issue.

Also OP change the setting in the advanced tab to 24bit 48000

Yeah, uninstalling the Realtek software, or at least making sure the settings are set to normal/enchancements are off/etc. should help.

+1

Never made itself default for me either on any system I've worked on.

Yeah, uninstalling the Realtek software, or at least making sure the settings are set to normal/enchancements are off/etc. should help.
From his screenshots they are off, but sometimes they don't always apply. His 192Khz option might be the culprit too.

From his screenshots they are off, but sometimes they don't always apply. His 192Khz option might be the culprit too.

Could also be that he has it configured for surround rather than stereo, which would cause the different levels of volume for sound vs voice.

I love how every time Mega makes a post, PP or Carnage just swoop in and prove him/her wrong xD Nearly every time.

@OP As Carnage said above, the surround "might" be stuffing with it. I know I had issues with the surround setting in my speakers, but my headphones were fine, (due to them being surround headphones)

Ok guys thanks, its fixed, i got my friend who studied computer tech for 3 years to help me, he uninstalled the realtek drivers and only used the Nvidia sound drivers and it fixed the issue, thanks. Also how to close thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom