Weird Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verxon

Solid State Member
I recently built a pc and the sound with my headphones were working perfectly but after a few days i turned it on after school and the sound when i watched a video was really really low at max volume and speech in vids are fuzzy and muffled and can only hear loud music. Update my drivers for realtek audio and stuff already.
I tried 3 sets of headphones 2 of them had the problem and the other one didn't even install. Could it be cause I didn't install the drivers with the disks i got cuz i didnt include a disk drive in my build so i cant use the disks. I downloaded the drivers manually.

I recently built a pc and the sound with my headphones were working perfectly but after a few days i turned it on after school and the sound when i watched a video was really really low at max volume and speech in vids are fuzzy and muffled and can only hear loud music. Update my drivers for realtek audio and stuff already.
I tried 3 sets of headphones 2 of them had the problem and the other one didn't even install. Could it be cause I didn't install the drivers with the disks i got cuz i didnt include a disk drive in my build so i cant use the disks. I downloaded the drivers manually.

Go to control panel go to hardware and sound and click on sound.
Open up your sound settings, find the active sound soundcard "speaker.
Right click and choose properties, I want you to screenshot it and bring it back.
I need to find out where your volume speak levels are.
You can use photobucket or imageshack.us to host the image here with image brackets. "

Have you tried the ports on both the front and the back?

Do both sets of ports give the same result?

Go to control panel go to hardware and sound and click on sound.
Open up your sound settings, find the active sound soundcard "speaker.
Right click and choose properties, I want you to screenshot it and bring it back.
I need to find out where your volume speak levels are.
You can use photobucket or imageshack.us to host the image here with image brackets. "
I didnt know which tab to take a picture of so i took one of each tab.
General tab:
General Tab - Imgur
Levels tab:
Imgur
Enhancements tab:
Imgur
Advanced Tab:
Imgur

I didnt know which tab to take a picture of so i took one of each tab.
General tab:
General Tab - Imgur
Levels tab:
Imgur
Enhancements tab:
Imgur
Advanced Tab:
Imgur

I can see why your volume and onboard sound isn't working well.
For Levels tab, put it at 50% , for the environment tab knock it down to 24bit 48000hz studio quality.
For the realtek hd audio manager panel, put the environment on living room, put the equalizer on party.

Play a mp3 and see if it sounds better and play a video to make sure it works right.
Just a warning any settings too high like I've seen in your screenshots.
Something will short out eventually or stop all completely if your not carefull with your settings.

I can see why your volume and onboard sound isn't working well.
For Levels tab, put it at 50% , for the environment tab knock it down to 24bit 48000hz studio quality.
For the realtek hd audio manager panel, put the environment on living room, put the equalizer on party.

Play a mp3 and see if it sounds better and play a video to make sure it works right.
Just a warning any settings too high like I've seen in your screenshots.
Something will short out eventually or stop all completely if your not carefull with your settings.
I called the guy that I bought the parts from he said its issue with drivers and could it be cause I didn't install the drivers with the disks i got cuz i didnt include a disk drive in my build so i cant use the disks. I downloaded the drivers manually.
I downloaded everything from here which is for my motherboard drivers:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970 ...
And I downloaded the gtx 960 driver from the Nvidia website
He also said windows update could of installed the wrong driver.
Build:
AMD FX-8350 8 core
Evga GeForce GTX 960
Asrock 970 extreme3 R2.0
8 GB ram
120GB Kingston SSD

I called the guy that I bought the parts from he said its issue with drivers and could it be cause I didn't install the drivers with the disks i got cuz i didnt include a disk drive in my build so i cant use the disks. I downloaded the drivers manually.
I downloaded everything from here which is for my motherboard drivers:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970 ...
And I downloaded the gtx 960 driver from the Nvidia website
He also said windows update could of installed the wrong driver.
Build:
AMD FX-8350 8 core
Evga GeForce GTX 960
Asrock 970 extreme3 R2.0
8 GB ram
120GB Kingston SSD
Verify if it's a driver issue by testing both sets of ports as I previously suggested:

Have you tried the ports on both the front and the back?

Do both sets of ports give the same result?

If both sets of ports do the same thing, then it's possibly a driver issue. Download the drivers from here: REALTEK - Download driver for ALC892 and Windows 8 64bit

You may have to manually install them by extracting the driver files, opening up Device Manager -> right click your Audio device (Realtek) -> Update driver... -> Browse for the driver files to the location you extracted them to -> Let it update.

Actaully i redownloaded the realtek driver and its a little better and things are more clearer but its still music loud and commentary and stuff low.
I have HD audio, Nvidia drivers and the realtek in the sound drivers right now.

Also my rear jack only plays the rear sound so i dont get any sound at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom