Which SSD to go with?

frldyz

In Runtime
1st computer build.
Will be used primarily as a home computer for basic needs. However.... A some point I might buy a couple games just for the heck of it.
I will be having additional HDD for storage of files.
The SSD will only be used to store and run programs.
Windows 7.
i7 4790k
Noctua NH-14
I will be running 2 monitor for sure. I would love to run 3. (Do I need it? No. But why not?)

The entire purpose of this goal is to have an as fast as possible home computer. I want windows 7 to just scream with speed when using it.

That being said. Which SSD card is the way to go. Money is not an issues. However I'd like not to go over the $300 mark if possible.

I've read some great things about the Samsung SSD PRO's. And thought I read something about a new Samsung SSD with 3D or vertical technology or something?

Thanks guys

These are all the ones I'm looking @.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100008120 50001077 600038502 600038492 600038491

But I cant decifer the difference between them. Ive read a lot of good things about the pro series. But there are different models. 840? 850? EVO?

This is the one that really caught my attention.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3FA2EV1099
Because it was $499 now $287! But there are some pretty harsh reviews.

Help!
Thanks everyone for responding

Basically:
840 Pro = previous generation
850 Pro = latest generation
840/850 EVO = budget line

Got an new 850 pro 512gb for $289.
I read and it sounds like Samsung removed the update they had bak in February that was causing people systems to crash

+1 on the Samsung SSDs. They're a work of art. I think one of them is still going in that SSD Read/Write competition? I can't even remember xD

+1 on the Samsung SSDs. They're a work of art. I think one of them is still going in that SSD Read/Write competition? I can't even remember xD

Can't remember if it was a Samsung, a Kingston, or both? I'd have to look it up again to see.

Side note: picked up a 500GB 850 EVO at the beginning of the week for $180 on Amazon. I think it's back up to $200 now, but still a decent sale price.

Can't remember if it was a Samsung, a Kingston, or both? I'd have to look it up again to see.

Side note: picked up a 500GB 850 EVO at the beginning of the week for $180 on Amazon. I think it's back up to $200 now, but still a decent sale price.

It's kinda strange how the 840 evos are more expensive than the 850 evos...

Back
Top Bottom