This is a pigsty

Exactly corro, I know trotts hands are tied and he can only do so much.
If hes running the board and the outer staff atleast he should be able to have a right to fix the board.

If it were me in his shoes, I would take baez "erl" or someone capable with most webprogramming skills.
Speak to the site owner and see if he will let him code it and pay him to do it right.

Exactly corro, I know trotts hands are tied and he can only do so much.
If hes running the board and the outer staff atleast he should be able to have a right to fix the board.

If it were me in his shoes, I would take baez "erl" or someone capable with most webprogramming skills.
Speak to the site owner and see if he will let him code it and pay him to do it right.

Like I said, things are being discussed among the staff and site owners.

Besides, making an entire backend / forum software is no easy task - so we're not going to make a custom backend. For now we're staying on vB.

Like I said, things are being discussed among the staff and site owners.
so we're not going to make a custom backend. For now we're staying on vB.

So you see a broken stove, sure it heats up and cooks things but it won't cool down or turn off right.
We'll just wait till it doesn't cut it off or short circuit and let something catch on fire and blow up the whole house.

I'm not the only person who sees this place physically broken it'll take much more than what your speaking of for TF to survive.

I'm done talking to you, I hope trotter does get that right help.

So you see a broken stove, sure it heats up and cooks things but it won't cool down or turn off right.
We'll just wait till it doesn't cut it off or short circuit and let something catch on fire and blow up the whole house.
That's...not comparable to this scenario at all. Like I said, we have a plan currently in place - we can't "just do it". We have to plan things out and test. You're not familiar with software development / deployment.

I'm not the only person who sees this place physically broken it'll take much more than what your speaking of for TF to survive.
I'm not saying it is or isn't broken - vB3 (the current one we're on now) is stable for the most part. We reverted back from vB4 because it was unstable and a buggy mess and things didn't work right after the upgrade.

I'm done talking to you, I hope trotter does get that right help.

It's not really up to Trotter - it's up to the site owners - we can only suggest things.

Here, let me repeat what has been said in bold large letters.

IT'S ALREADY BEING DISCUSSED BETWEEN THE STAFF.

Besides the occasional database error there really isn't much wrong with the site besides lack of traffic. I don't really see what the big deal is. I mean, the picture gallery threads barely get posted in anyways.

There's a lot wrong with the database IMO, or the search system.... Tons of older threads that can't be found with search with out manually going through page by page... When viewing some users posting history, there's a date cutoff half the time...

There's a lot wrong with the database IMO, or the search system.... Tons of older threads that can't be found with search with out manually going through page by page... When viewing some users posting history, there's a date cutoff half the time...
The reason being has already been explained, and the fix is being discussed in the background by staff.

Back
Top Bottom