This is a pigsty

-RockMan-

Banned
http://www.techist.com/forums/f6/member-picture-gallery-170944/

From the first page to the last and even in between dates...
Post from old to new are getting mixed up horribly.
I've been watching that issue for a year now and seems no one has taken a notice to it. :/
Is there anyway the staff team can go ahead close the thread down and start a new member gallery page one ?

I also suggest any old quality threads that are stickied and non active for a year.
be archived and moved to a display sub-forum for all members and vistors to view.

I've seen a few boards do this that I go to and it works out nicely unless you have Bots/spam-tastic/troller members daily.

Trotter looks so different in that thread... lmao

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 14

Yes I understand that but the thread itself is way too cluttered.
When you have posts getting mixed up old with new and vice versa.
Thats pretty bad, I've seen that issue happen here and somewhere else.
I say we start out new, lock this thread and start a new member gallery.
If you look on the board closely, there is a old photo thread, that can go in there.

Yes I understand that but the thread itself is way too cluttered.
When you have posts getting mixed up old with new and vice versa.
Thats pretty bad, I've seen that issue happen here and somewhere else.
I say we start out new, lock this thread and start a new member gallery.
If you look on the board closely, there is a old photo thread, that can go in there.

Most likely caused by the various DB imports/exports we've had to do when we had transitioned from versions of vB.

Now I see why remixed was against the board change and why she eventually lost her mind over time.
Long as I've been here I really don't like this type of board.
My main reasons is one of those as I stated here.
If trotter does get ahold of the of the person managing the code and what not soon.
Have him change the board to something stable or hire a website designer who can meet the site needs.

Now I see why remixed was against the board change and why she eventually lost her mind over time.
Long as I've been here I really don't like this type of board.
My main reasons is one of those as I stated here.
If trotter does get ahold of the of ther person managing the code and what not.
Have him change the board to something stable or hire a website designer who can meet the site needs.

There are things being discussed at the moment among the staff and the site owners.

Keep in mind...changing boards isn't just a "simple" thing to do. Lots of testing to be done before we even think about upgrading to a new version or moving to a different forum software. The reason we reverted back from vB4 back to vB3 was because vB4 was buggy as **** and unstable. So we reverted.

It's a lot more than just hiring a website designer too - that just takes care of the skin (which Baez was previously working on, but things happened during the transition period between board versions). It's more than just design - it's the software backend as well.

There are things being discussed at the moment among the staff and the site owners.

Keep in mind...changing boards isn't just a "simple" thing to do. Lots of testing to be done before we even think about upgrading to a new version or moving to a different forum software. The reason we reverted back from vB4 back to vB3 was because vB4 was buggy as **** and unstable. So we reverted.

It's a lot more than just hiring a website designer too - that just takes care of the skin (which Baez was previously working on, but things happened during the transition period between board versions). It's more than just design - it's the software backend as well.

I know you mean well but let trotter decide that or reply back.
All that you mentioned I'm aware of that if not more.
I don't want to continue talking to you about it.

I know you mean well but let trotter decide that or reply back.
All that you mentioned I'm aware of that if not more.
Let Trotter decide what? The site owners have say on what goes on with the site since they pay for the server and purchased the rights from the previous owners. They already have a plan in place, and have been discussing it with the entire site staff here. That's all I'm going to say on the matter since things are still being discussed/planned.

Or are you talking about what's to be done with the threads like you suggested?

I don't want to continue talking to you about it.

Erm, a bit rude no? lol

Back
Top Bottom