Introduction

stefclayton

Beta member
I'm Stef, a 23 year old who was born in Australia, grew up in France and lives in England.

I have a Masters degree in Cognitive Neuroscience and am currently revising for the GAMSAT (graduate entry Medical school exam).
I worked a year in a Consciousness Science lab where I familiarised myself with EEG, MRI, Oculus Rift VR goggles (for SCIENCE!) and all sorts of other fun tech.

I like to take pictures of stuff, but I'm not the type who puts sepia filters on my Iphone, posts pictures of my food on Instagram and calls myself a photographer. I am hoping to get some cool new lenses, go traveling and take some sweet landscape shots.

I like video games but wouldn't consider myself a gamer. The best game I have played to date was Tomb Raider (ps3).

I think I can stop there.
I'm a bit bored, or I wouldn't have gone into the details (procrastinating).

Best,

Stef

Judging by the fact that the head bought 5 goggles - I'd say yes.
From personal experience, it's pretty cool but they could really improve on the res.
I've used it as a form of Augmented reality, using a camera similar to the one used in Google Street View, and that's been immensely immersive.
I have also used it in VR for demos to suck people into joining our lab, and it's been just as immersive but the res is a lot lower.
Minecraft was quite fun, save for a bit sickening after a while.

I also quite enjoyed the rollercoaster demo we had which came with the Developer's kit.

In research our participants are usually simply sitting down, so I can't say much about playing proper video games on it (the headset might still be a little cumbersome for that).

Back
Top Bottom