Is the EVGA GTX 285 1GB DDR3 still a decent card?

King$nake

In Runtime
Just wondering if I should keep it for my new computer. I've had it for several years, and evga just sent me a brand new one to replace the one that failed. Is it worth keeping? or are cheaper modern cards better now?

Used to have one myself, When it died EVGA replaced it with a GTX470, Guessing there were no refurbished cards at the time to send me they upgraded me. Actually it was the bomb back when it was ne, couldn't get a better single GPU but yes it's old and the cheap cards will out perform it and has more video ram too. A GTX 750TI outperform it and is cheap money if you want a cheaper solution for gaming. If you don't game the GTX285 would do fine for the average user.

Dauntae

Used to have one myself, When it died EVGA replaced it with a GTX470, Guessing there were no refurbished cards at the time to send me they upgraded me. Actually it was the bomb back when it was ne, couldn't get a better single GPU but yes it's old and the cheap cards will out perform it and has more video ram too. A GTX 750TI outperform it and is cheap money if you want a cheaper solution for gaming. If you don't game the GTX285 would do fine for the average user.

Dauntae

Interesting, thanks. Well, evga says they are sending me a new card, but they also just told me that it may be better than the GTX285. Im assuming they dont have any old GTX285's so maybe I will get a solid card? thanks

Oh I thought you already had it, yes you WILL be getting a upgrade, Not sure what generation but will be much newer.

Forgetting about the GTX 295? :p Granted it was Dual-GPU...but it was on a single board.

I remember those but considered them as a duel, And what a pretty penny I paid for the 285 also, geez The 9800 plus it replaced is still running in my friends system lol and that still is under the EVGA lifetime warrantee lol

Hey guys, just got word from EVGA that they are sending me a GTX570 for the replacement

Part #012-P3-1570-AR

Is this a solid card by today's standards?

Back
Top Bottom