WD Black duel drive

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
Looking for a fast answer here, there is a shell shocker and I want something to help my Lapity to pity box move a little faster, Not a gaming Ron but gets used mostly for down loading drivers a web searching but currently loads everything pretty slow, Was considering a SSD for around $100 but seen this and thought having the 1TB storage on top of 120GB SSD would be good but not overly clear how well it works in comparison to a regular SSD. Will the duel drive speed up the laptop as much as a SSD would. Not a huge fan of the Duel drives but in most laptops you can only have one HD so my options are limited. Laptop is a I3 Sandy bridge I'm pretty sure with4 gigs ram.
Thanks Western Digital WD Black2 WD1001X06XDTL Dual Drive 2.5 inch, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD Kit - Newegg.com

Dauntae

The black squared is an SSD with a 1TB drive. It's not like an SSHDD which sucks, it literally is a separate SSD mounted onto a platter 1TB. The 1TB is 5400RPM though.

So I guess this one is the best of both worlds, I guess I'll put the order I with a new Modular PS for my main system. Right now looking at the Seasonic 750W, Have a little spare money after getting my yearly bonus from work so spending a bit on my toys.

Well order is placed, $109 is a pretty good price and even at 5400 rpm it will be plenty good enough for storage, on a gaming laptop I would worry about that speed but for this it will be plenty.

Dauntae

Just keep in mind that the HDD part of the drive is only accessible after you install WD's software.

Thanks Carnage, They actually have a few good videos about that on newegg, Going to do a fresh install on it and see how much better it runs, but for a $500 laptop when new this should be a pretty good upgrade, mostly used for fixing pc's at the customers houses, when I need to download software it's much easier with a system I know works right but also use it when out and need a pc. Was a free laptop any way so $110 is all I'll have into it and yay everything actually works lol.

Back
Top Bottom