new computer build..problems restarting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beebster

Beta member
hi

im building a new computer and i have the minimum setup. HD, cdrom, powerswitch, speaker connection and video card.

i turn on the computer and runs fine...but then when i go to restart the video drops out and the cpu fan keeps running, but thats it. the only way i can get it to start up, is to clear the CMOS. then it boots..but same thing happens when i go to restart.

i also swapped the video card with another...no change.

specs are..

mobo: biostar m7ncd
cpu: amd 2200+
vid card: 32mb geforce (lol, i know its free from me for now till he can upgrade)
psu: sparkle 300w

lemme know if ya need more info..

any help would be greatly appriciated...

thank you.

guessing a warm.. have you looked at updating your bios, maybe there's a known conflict, seeing as you have to reset your bios to make things function again... worth a shot

yeah, both kinds of boots. any reboot of anykind results in this..

ok, so updating bios...ive read of this, but ive actually never done it. i need a floppy? spose i can go to biostarts website..ill try it. thx.

see i actually installed windows on this machine by clearing the cmos whenever it needed to restart...kinda ghetto but at least windows is installed.

ill try updating bios, thx.

rofl, yea well good luck, it's the only thing i can think of right now so.. it's worth a shot, just be sure you read the directions, and don't screw up when you're flashing a bios! let us know what happens after you flash the bios though, if it all works or whatever

*edit* btw, welcome to tech-forums!

oh, i just noticed when i clear the cmos and boot up, it will tell me "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded". then i gotta push F1 to continue..then it proceeds to boot....happens everytime i clear the cmos to reboot.

maybe that means something..i dunno.

hehe thx for the welcome. ok the bios thats available is the one that saYS "updated bios to support sempron" which i am tryin to use..hmm maybe this will work, ill let u know. :)_

well i flashed the bios..and ill i gotta say is..

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!

lol it works fine now. thx so much yall!!

-beebz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom