9800xt timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Has anyone messed around with their xt timings, made it faster? I don't think it's safe to mess with it, especially since i've never done it, so i'm hoping someone else can tell me if i should or not =p

as long as your temp remains in the safe zone then OC away. OC'ing the memory has more effect on the overall speed. The core should be able to go up a good way and still maintain decent temperatures.

I have oced my card to the point of artifacts...but you need really good cooling to get the most out of this card....i get lik 65 when i'm OCING and like 60 when i'm not....sub 40's would make this card a beast.

3dmark05 of 3300 when Oced
3dmark05 of 2995 when stock

yea i hear ya.. the hotter it gets, the less I can oc my core.. which sucks, 420 (default 412) is the max when summer time is here. I've got my rig all tweaked out, i was getting 2200 on 3dk05 then I fixed everything up and now i'm always at 3090-3130

i thought overclocking the core gave biggest benefits... and memory didnt help very much, atleast that is my experience with my 5200 ultra... upping memory showed little to no increase in 3dmark2001se however upping the core 30 mhz showed a 8% increase in performance... like i said just my results speaking here.

yea it was that way with my 5600 i had.. but i push my core to 430-440 and i'll start to get artifacts =/ that's why I want a wc system hehe, get my card cool so i can oc more

i got 465 on air....:eek:

it is stable, but with lots of artifacts after it warmed up

i just run stock unless i'm going for a high bench:cool:

I am also interesting in water cooling....but that means my box can't be as easily transported to LAN parties....which i go to quite often...

i thought overclocking the core gave biggest benefits... and memory didnt help very much,
Well I only said this because not only of the articles I read regarding video card overclocking, but also in my personal experience you can usually push the core up much further than the memory and I've always noticed the biggest difference by changing the memory speed.

Of course you'd think the core offered the biggest increase being that it's like overclocking your CPU.....but generally if you overclock your RAM or even put in faster RAM you'll notice a nice system increase in speed whereas you really won't notice THAT much increase in overall system speed simply by overclocking the CPU..

Could depend on the card itself too...architecture of the card, perhaps your system isn't set up the same as joe blow down the street, a variety of things.

It's just simply what I've read and experienced that the memory will offer you the most boost when OC'ing it, but the memory will generally not go as high as the core since the core atleast has a heatsink on it whereas the memory (except of course for the 6800's and whatnot) don't have any cooling on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom