If you can work this out, you'll be my new best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not the CD, its actually the unique COI that you are paying money for.

even if you get the SP2 cd's from MS, its written on them that copy this CD for distribution.

EricB said:
Trust me on this

1) that is too much trouble, though. these day, you better off buying the cd since the price has drop to $100.00 so you can have full access to everything

2)that is also why your linux work. it's not microsoft

3)that's just like roxio, they will install a roxio assistant in your registry when you download an update to their easy cd creator software to see if you have a legitimate copy of their software.
if you don't, you won't be able to burn cds

4)"I heard it through the grapevine"

1 to 3) My friend of mine has tons of illegal copies of windows and other softwares. He told me tat there wont be any problem updating the windows and stuff.

4) Is it a rumor???Are u sure???

Yeah there is WAY too much talk about illegal copies of software. Questions like these
1 to 3) My friend of mine has tons of illegal copies of windows and other softwares. He told me tat there wont be any problem updating the windows and stuff.

4) Is it a rumor???Are u sure???
are NOT tolerated here as you're basically asking for information regarding illegally obtained software.

I suggest you guys buy the software you are using or not talk about it here. EricB I'm glad that you tried to point out that it's illegal copy he's using, but it more sounds like you're trying to help him get the XP Working. Next time simply tell them why it's not working and don't go into a full length explination on how you can bypass the registry keys for programs that use it to determine if you have a legitimate copy.

This thread is being closed.

- Nubius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom