Help me rebuild my Gaming Rig.

Nothing will come up if you're getting any post code error.

Thank you.

I'll replace the ram and see what happens.
Although, if it still happens. I understand it could be many things, but what would one of you guys do personally as a next step?
Thanks guys, update soon.

As a next step? Well if I was broke I'd hop on Craigslist and hope like hell somebody doesn't want too much for their junk. If I had some money in the bank, get at least a G3258 and a cheap Asus H81.

As a next step? Well if I was broke I'd hop on Craigslist and hope like hell somebody doesn't want too much for their junk. If I had some money in the bank, get at least a G3258 and a cheap Asus H81.

Alright sounds good.
I'll actually do both. See if there is a "parts comp" out there, I could possibly get a new case and then see what parts are good. And hopefully make a new comp.

Also, I'll scope out the retailer near me and see the prices on that stuff there. Isn't bad at all. $200 when its all done and I'll have a new motherboard and CPU.

I'll run a couple comps past you guys to see which is best compatibly with my stuff.
My biggest worry is my ram not being comparable with whichever motherboard I get. Vice versa with be CPU.
Is there a site, or just google and to see if it is?

You ram is DDR3 and there are tons out there still using it

Any AM3 or AM3+ board should do fine for you and your RAM. I'd try to stick to full ATX boards that are at least 970 series.

Thank both you guys. Answered all my questions and so quick. Can't thank you guys enough.
I'm going to purchase a new motherboard first. Then I can test my ram and CPU off of it.
Either way, I wanted to upgrade everything, bit by bit anyway.

My PS is almost positively fine.
The dvd RW I never used so that should be fine.
The 1.5tb Hard Drive Should be fine.

The case im going to make last until I find something I like.

It comes down to the motherboard, CPU, and ram. Those are the three things I am unsure about, I will start with either the ram or motherboard for starters.

I'm hoping I can salvage the CPU for now, but get a motherboard that will allow me to upgrade it in the future.

Depending on which one I go for I will update you guys soon.

((EDIT))

Oh Jesus PP Mguire. Reading through your CPU and modern games thread and you are actually explaining all my questions about clocking and processors and such.

Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
Thank both you guys. Answered all my questions and so quick. Can't thank you guys enough.
I'm going to purchase a new motherboard first. Then I can test my ram and CPU off of it.
Either way, I wanted to upgrade everything, bit by bit anyway.

My PS is almost positively fine.
The dvd RW I never used so that should be fine.
The 1.5tb Hard Drive Should be fine.

The case im going to make last until I find something I like.

It comes down to the motherboard, CPU, and ram. Those are the three things I am unsure about, I will start with either the ram or motherboard for starters.

I'm hoping I can salvage the CPU for now, but get a motherboard that will allow me to upgrade it in the future.

Depending on which one I go for I will update you guys soon.

((EDIT))

Oh Jesus PP Mguire. Reading through your CPU and modern games thread and you are actually explaining all my questions about clocking and processors and such.

Thank you!!!!
I hope you don't mean buy a new AMD motherboard, because that's almost pointless at this time unless you got a very cheap one that supports your CPU. THen you're taking a gamble at if the CPU actually works or not.

HEHE see PP people really DO read your CPU thread lol
Lol I see that. Probably the first person I didn't need to link to view it.

Reading through your CPU thread and mind BLOWN. I'm no where near done but just want to say what I've realized jn very simple terms is:

My amd CPU and ones like it were viewed by some as the monster for gaming WHEN i bought my computer back in 2011-2012. Funny how I wish I read that thread before I bought my comp.When really it wasn't as good as the Intel ones just made to sound better. I'm reading about clock speed and what it is exactly. And how you explain it is perfect for guys like me. Thank you.

Bottom line. Spend the $200, get a new motherboard and CPU.
Use my PS, hard drive, DVD RW, case, and possibly ram to start.
Then shortly after get a decent graphics card. Like a week or two. After I put it all together.

Back
Top Bottom