Help me rebuild my Gaming Rig.

Gotcha. And got this. JUST to get it on so I can see if she works. And then I'm thinking I might get another liquid cooler.

Ty Ty PP Mguire. Doing it now

Ok so I zip tied it. Seems to be on ok for now. It's doing Somthing it's never done before.
When I plug it in there is a green light on the motherboard.
It stays light, while another light comes on that is red ad stays it.
It also make one longer beep. Followed by two small beeps. And keeps repeating that same pattern of beeps.

That says there is no ram detected, here is a page with the ASUS beep codes http://support.asus.com/pcassistant/pdf/BeepTable_en-us.pdf

You're a gem.
Ty so much.

Although, I went and had a smoke, came back and tried again after I read your comment. It is doing the exact same thing although the cpu fan is now running fine (looks like)
It's spinning properly.
Although my ram is there, I tried taking it out and replacing it. Also putting it in the other slots.
Still the same thing.

Try using only one stick at a time, may have a bad stick of ram, So put one stick in and try it in differentnt slots, if you get the same code again try the other stick by itself, If both sticks are reading bad then with your ram got killed or the MB is failing. Hopefully it's just one ram stick so it's doesn't get too expensive.

You Guys are awesome.
I'm going to individually try each one and in each slot. If this is the problem that's not that big of a deal. I'll just go back to the ram you linked to for upgrade PP Mguire?

I'll pick those up tomorrow and give it a shot, but let me try these.

Also quick question:
Does this say anything positive?
Like is he CPU and motherboard "maybe" ok now? 😝

It depends honestly. The beeps could be coming from either or all 3. RAM could have gone bad, board could be shorted in a specific spot causing RAM to not function, or IMC on the chip could be toast.

Jesus. I feel like it's bigger than just the ram because I haven't touched the ram or moved them. Then now all of a sudden they don't work?

I'm going to purchase new ram, it's the cheapest of the three.
If it still does it.
What are my options?
(Edit) I tried using just one ram stick in each, individually and still the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom