Help me rebuild my Gaming Rig.

To the CPU, motherboard, GPU ect question. If you don't have much of a budget like you made me assume from before the 1090t will be fine and the GTX 960 is a great little card to get you updated quickly. I have a 955BE in my server now and when I tossed a 7970 in it, it ran games nicely. So don't let that ward you off BUT the 1090t is dated so don't expect it to run perfectly either. Although a lower end card now, the GTX960 is still GTX 680 speeds (7970 so you can reference that to your 5770s from yesteryear) and paired with the 1090t will run things way better than before.

If anything, yes I do think you should at least get another 4GB of RAM. It can be a cheap single stick or another dual channel kit. Doesn't matter really.
G.SKILL NS Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C11S-4GNS - Newegg.com

Here's a link to the GPU if you will.
EVGA 02G-P4-2963-KR GeForce GTX 960 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support ACX 2.0+ Video Card - Newegg.com

As to zapping your stuff, really that's only a major deal to new parts. Did you zap your board when you touched it to remove the H50? If not, don't worry about it. Just from now on before touching any parts tap the metal side of your case.

I'm relieved to know I will be able to make sure everything is in running condition with only my 1090t.
I also have the widows 7 cd key and disk, I want to do a full reinstallation of the OP. To start fresh and new.
Also thank you very much for explaining the GPU's to me and the comparison, made it much simpler/quicker to understand.

I am also going to upgrade the RAM, and at the cost of the one you linked too, that is cheap and perfect for me.

Also thank you for the link to the gpu. I am going to search my area for one of that exact brand while I get the rest up. Maybe a newer one once I am at that point. I will update. Also ty for the tip about touching the metal case.

It was only a mute point because it being a dated system and a single GPU will out live the dated motherboard and CPU Most systems now run both crossfire and SLI if it has the slots. There actually the same thing but SLI is what Nvidia calls using 2 cards.

That is a easy way for me to understand it perfectly. A single gpu is the best for my motherboard. Simple. Thank you.

Here is the circular bracket I took off with the liquid cooler and the heat sink fan that came with the CPU.
There is already some thermal paste on the heat sink fan so I don't need that. But I need the proper bracket.
ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1425170456.099963.jpgImageUploadedByTech-Forums1425170467.099256.jpg

Anyone know if I can get just that part at Best Buy or Future Shop?
Or do I need to go to a specialized retailer? Also, what is the proper name of this part so I can search for it. I have tried but have had trouble finding that exact part.

Thanks again. 👍

Last edited:
Here is my top GPU that got destroyed first.
ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1425170652.939016.jpg
Here is the lower one that I let get destroyed because I didn't realize the problem originally.
ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1425170683.565961.jpg
Here is the small spot that got on the motherboard. Could anyone tell if this would be a deciding factor, yes or no if it will continue to work?
ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1425170697.936442.jpg

It look like it's just on the heatsink, doesn't look like it got any of the board, but the only way to find out if it works is to try it.

It look like it's just on the heatsink, doesn't look like it got any of the board, but the only way to find out if it works is to try it.

Ahh, so is that a small and separate heat sink similar to the one I am going to instal to my AMD CPU?
Irrelevant but good to know more.
Im crossing my fingering and hoping it works.

So I think I found the proper bracket I need for the heat sink.

Will this bracket work for the heat sink that came with this processor?
I assume so but it says for AMD2 and 2+ I believe, not sure if mine is older or uses the same bracket.

This bracket;
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-CPU-Bracket-Base-socket/dp/B002W4NSH4

With this CPU heat sink:
ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1425231465.556364.jpgImageUploadedByTech-Forums1425231490.140948.jpg

Yea just make sure that it comes with the 4 screws and backplate.

The guy at Canada Computers told me the bracket is distinct for that CPU, so, I decided to get a new cooler.

I went to Canada Computers this morning. That's my new favourite store lol. Could shop through there for awhile. I decided to buy a new cooler since I would have to contact AMD to get the right bracket for my original cooler.
It was dirt cheap, 12.99. So I got it.

Here a pic of it, I'm going to install it within the next hour or two and see what's left of this rig.

ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1425330518.771978.jpgImageUploadedByTech-Forums1425330529.252917.jpg

The bracket is standard AMD mounting for AM2 to AM3+ motherboards. That heatsink still needs a bracket according to the pics online showing it on AMD setups.

gammaxx_200.4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom