Installing NEW CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
im wondering, if i upgrade my current cpu, what will i need to do, never installed a cpu before?

is there any formatting? or is it lke plug and play?

thanks.

hmm well thanks.
instead of posting a new topic...

how is it that your using 4x Ram?
is it just that your mobo lets you, or some other way?
cus i can only use 2.

thanks

You might want to google some stuff before you think about upgrading, It looks like you're new to this stuff, definatley do your homework, or you could screw everything up.

if to add few things:

CPU is pretty difficult to install, and I will call it most difficult part in system manufacturing as you got to be very very careful while installation of CPU

plus it requires efficent use of thermal pad (though boxed cpu's comes with pad already applied with their fans)

plus a little im-balance of the heatsink while adjusting in on CPU die, it can crack the die, and even Manufacturer will not be able to exchange for physical destruction.

you can read the guide lines on the boxed processors, (AMD gives out very good processor installation guideline with their boxed procesors, colored photographs)

The cpu is very simple to install. Just keep one thing in mind: do not panic if you drop the thing since they are very hard to damage. I dropped my old Pentium 4 1.6 GHZ on 423 around three times on the floor and nothing happened to it. Also, the LGA775 proc.s are the most easisest to install. Set, Align, Drop, Push, Lock!

i was looking into buying an intel P4 3.0 or 3.2.
dont know if i should pay the extra and get the 3.2???
thanks for the information guys, i think i will purchase the cpu myself, but take it round to the comp shop to get installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom