How exactly do you build your own PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get some pretty good benefits for building your own PC rather than buying one:

1. Cheaper
2. Selection of any [compatible] part
3. knowledge of computers is expanded.

These are the reasons that I built mine, and that I loooove computers!

I'm finding it a very daunting at the moment (as i got mine laying on the dining room table with it all in its boxes on top of the anti static mat thing that i got from my school. But i think it would give me a great sence of achievment when it's built, as i have been waiting 6 months to get enough cash to buy all the parts.

do this, if you're still a little worried, check your local book store for a book, this is basic stuff so any book on the topic should do, sorry i never got any on this topic so i cant suggest any...
the book should also give you a few extra tips, more than just a this screw, now that screw... good luck

pcgamer sells a guide to building your comp with a section on choosing parts(which is somewhat accurate), and a big guide to actually constructing and common follies, what order exactly to do it all in... not very good reading material for anyone who knows what they are doing, but perfect for any beginners, got it at books-a-million that i know of.

Most of it for me was pretty straight-forward. Suprisingly the toughest part for me was just figuring out which wires connected to which.

not assembling the hardware you have to worry about. Its the configuration of the Software that kicks ya in the arse. Jumpers, Bios, all the other fun stuff.

CCNA 1
A+ Cert

Im confident in my building skills. I got taught by my friend it only took a day or to to learn it all.
----------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SiZcO

i thought thats the only way to start off? lol... cause everything plugs into the motherboard :p

No the first part is the case cause you secure the mobo to the case. :)

dont you discharge static by touching rim of case? like whenever i go in comp i alway leave a pinkey on outer edge or something, i also seen bracelets or something but no idea where to get, anyone know where to get a static bracelet and mat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom