LCD Monitors, Best Brands??

Status
Not open for further replies.

northof8

Beta member
Looking for first Monitor- previous laptop user) I've been reading review's at the usual sites like pcworld, cnet etc. but they realy don't comment on the life span or durability among models.. so in your experiance which brands last longest with the fewest repairs? or fewest problems. I'm sticking to the lcd or flat panels for space, likely a 17" to 19" size. Any suggestions would be great, Thanks Y.

I have a 20" Dell 2001fp, i love it. Ive had it for like 9months without a single problem. It has some cool stuff like tilt 90degrees so its vertical, the stand raises like 8" or so. it has DVI, VGA, and Video in. it also has 4usb2 ports on it, two on the side which is pretty sweet. I would recommend Dell for LCD's besides myself i know a bunch of people who have them. at the LANs ive had mine next to a sony and my buddy's mac cinema, we all agreed the Dell looked the best, and it has a thin edge bezel so theres little wasted space.

samsung or nec hands down. i've used both for long periods of time. both are great.

if your looking for good, cheap lcd's, i could suggest envision monitors. as long as you dont get one with a dead pixel out of the box..they're not too bad for the price.

well, the thing is the panel is manufactured by these companies:

Sony
Samsung
Philips/LG = combined manufacturing
NEC

now manufacturers make their onitors based on these panels, as well the panel manufacturers make their own monitos as well.

if I've to tell you about manufacturer's reputation, then Iiyama is good to go, same is NEC. dell uses Sony's panels in their monitors. but it isnt always the panel quality, but the signal convertor (if ur on D-SUB) cable, or signal processsor if u r on DVI cable.

buy any that u think will be good on budget. I would have gone for Iiyama at the time i was buying my LCD, but unfortunately it wastn available at that time. and i have to stick with Viewsonic, still not bad, attraction at both times when its off or on.

Mainstream:
Viewsonic, Dell, Sony, Phillips, VisionTech

Professional Quality
LaCei, MAG, BenQ (top models)

yea i wanted a Viewsonic real bad. I wanted a VP201 fiercely but it was like $1100 so it was a lot more. I didnt know BenQ was a better monitor... hmm

BenQ are quality, theres also the 19" sharps which are REAL cheap for that size, and there is the iiyama Prolite 21" for £1000 pure high quality screen but it will put a hole through your wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom