Poor SSD Speeds

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
So I've been noticing some pretty crappy boot times in excess of 30 seconds on the Windows start screen. At first I thought it was just the programs I boot into but after a couple Windows reinstalls and it eventually grating on me I used AS SSD today and yeah, what I'm seeing is sub par...
zrN0VbJ.png

I'm in AHCI, I've used Slay's guide so I know my settings are fine. Anyone got any ideas?

You score far higher than I do with my Samsung 830 and I have 30 second boot times... I suspect something else is at fault... Have any networked drives?

You score far higher than I do with my Samsung 830 and I have 30 second boot times... I suspect something else is at fault... Have any networked drives?

Hmm... I mean I could be entirely wrong it just seems like it's booted faster until the last couple months. Also, this was the case for both my Extreme3 board and the 990FX. I don't have any networked drives, no.

What's the off-chance it's your SATA cable being flaky, or RAM flaking out?

Only other thing I could think of is possibly trying to do a secure erase and see if that helps with speeds, but your getting good read speeds as is I think.

Back
Top Bottom