Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it comes with a DVI to VGA converter. but I wouldn't go with XFX either, if you wait a bit as more companies come out with their versions, I believe the price will drop to about $200:

EVGA!

MSI :)

Chaintech

Albatron

Leadtek

AOPEN!!

Dunno whats up with this one, says 6600GT but gives 6800 specs:
Apollo?

Some of them say in stock! But the one site does not say either way. Everytime I search Pricewatch for 6600 GT AGP I get a new surprise that sends me bouncing off the walls with happiness.

*edit* How could I forget BFG?!
BFG

I wouldn't buy the BFG card at that price tho (only price out there atm).

Oh and PNY makes an appearance on the Best Buy website as "Coming Soon".

I allways prefer built by ATI over other brands .But the price is kinda steep compared to the newer up to date cards you can get for a few dollars more.I would definately move towards somthing like the Nvidia 6600 or 6800 .

SiZcO said:
im thinking about buying the Sapphire ATI radeon 9800 Pro 128mb Video card it has VGA+DVI+TV/Svideo its not a top of the line video card but i heard reviews from Newegg that it runs Doom3 on high and plays all the other new games. and its pretty cheap its 229 at tigerdirect was gonna get card there and buy the rest of my computer parts at Newegg. has anyone used this card befor?

ahem,

hi, don't know if you bought your card yet, but YES, newegg has a 9800PRo 128mb, w/ 256-bit version for $205!!!

9800Pro @ Newegg

seems to be in stock.

AND you get a copy of Hitman:Contracts too?!

better snatch it up before i do!

also, i've never purchased anything from TigerDirect...does anyone know if they are a reputable company? i read in BBB that they don't honor a lot of peoples complaints/problems w/ their products, and they constantly "mess up" ppl's rebates. seems like a big headache proned company. i prefer newegg myself, but that's just me.

hmmm havnt heard of Powercooler brand that much are they a good company?

SiZcO said:
hmmm havnt heard of Powercooler brand that much are they a good company?

well, how about checkin' this one out instead...

*read ppl's reviews too*

PowerColor 9800Pro

this is the one i meant to send the first time, sry.

take note, that this one comes w/ a copy of TombRaider:AOD not Hitman.

gonna go with Powercooler 9800 pro or XFX 6600 GT.... err dont know which one :p

SiZcO said:
gonna go with Powercooler 9800 pro or XFX 6600 GT.... err dont know which one :p

well, that's a tough one.

ask yourself if you prefer ATI or nVidia cards.

i'm in the same boat, i'm looking for a new card but don't want to spend too much.

through much debate, i'm deciding to go w/ the ATI 9600Pro ($119) for my system, just because i will be building a new system next summer, and that is the best card to stretch out my current system till then.

i'm upgrading from an nVidia Ti4200 card, which was awesome, but a bit out-dated now. i want to see how ATI cards handle.

but as of right now, the 6600GT would be the better choice for performance.

but don't forget to factor in you CPU speed. you really should have at least a Pentium 4 2.8ghz or AMD 2800 to run the 6600GT as it was intended.

if you have less than either of those...go w/ the 9800Pro, unless you're planning to upgrade your CPU too.

AND you should have at least a 350 power supply (PSU) to run the 6600GT.

that's my two cents.

good luck!

Get the 256 Meg version and flash it to a 9800XT.

I got a sapphire 9800 pro 256MB and flashed it to an XT, it runs at XT speeds and is stable. Get an aftermarket video card cooler though, even with an aftermarket cooler after flashing to XT it runs hotter than poop. Flashing enables thermal diode btw so you can see your video card cpu temps.

SiZcO said:
if i get the XFX 6600 GT 500/1000 128mb Video card it has Dual DVI but will the video card come with a connector which a VGA go into DVI thru a connector. im not exactly sure what its called.

well, if you plan on getting the 6600GT from newegg, the pictures of it show it coming w/ 2 DVI connectors, so you CAN connect regular analog monitors to the card. no problem.

well if i get this card im building a computer which is a AV8 Board with AMD 64 3500+ with 500 w Power supply. with 1 gig ram so any of those cards would work good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom