Windows 7 with TV

speer1234

Beta member
Connection between my PC and my TV is lost when ever I press Ctrl Alt Delete, when my PC goes in to sleep mode or on occasion arbitrarily.

I have a 32'' LG TV with a HDMI cable hooked up to the first HDMI port on the TV, connected to a HDMI to DVI adapter which is connected to my graphics card.

My tv has the latest firmware installed, my PC has the latest video drivers. My TV is also set to "PC".

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have a 260gtx.

A fix currently works to reestablish connection which involves hooking up my smaller PC monitor then hooking up my 32'' TV again. Although, this is a nightmare.

No sure what the issue is but with my tv attached, if the signal is lost the TV auto shuts off after so many seconds, basically TV's aren't set up for sleep mode. I'm one of the people who actually never use sleep except on my laptop but if I'm not using my desktop it gets shut down.

Its not just when my computer sleeps. Its also arbitrarily. I could start a video or do some other random task and my TV all of a sudden loses connection. Its quite infuriating.

Check your TV settings.. I believe LG has an "eco mode" or "eco" something that recognize moments of pure black signal and tries to turn off or at least shut down some of the components similiar to sleep. Check in your general settings or an "eco" setting.

Sorry I'm not more specific I only remember this from when i used to sell TVs

Back
Top Bottom