SATA III connections... connect to what...?

frldyz

In Runtime
Hello everyone.

I am new to the forum and new to the PC world. I am currently buying all the components to do my 1st PC build.
My PC will be used mainly for basic home use. Primarily store home pics/vids and music.

I currently am not a gamer, but do intend to play some gaming In the future. Hoever I do not anticipate being a hardcore gamer.

I am building my PC as future proof as possible. I am buying components that are more then adequate for my needs. But that's the fun of building.

-------------

I have a question about SATA III connections.
I recently purchased a Corsair PSU. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe it is a CX750 and has 6 SATA III connections.
SATA III connections connect into.... (please correct me if I'm wrong)
1: my SSD
2. my HDD (I do intend to run a raid o HDD). Si with 2 HDDs in RAID O, that requires 2 SATA III connections?
3. MY optical drive. (If I choose to go with an internal).
4. My card read ( If I go with an internal )

Does a SATA III connections plug into my liquid cooling unit? I am looking into going with a Corsair 100i? Or does that plug into my MOBO?
Does my graphics card plug into a SATA III connections? Or does that plug into my MOBO
Case fans and internal fans: My case has an exhaust and 2 intake fans. I do intend to add some HDD fans. What do all the fans connect into?

Thanks for reading and helping.

Hello everyone.

I have a question about SATA III connections.
I recently purchased a Corsair PSU. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe it is a CX750 and has 6 SATA III connections.
SATA III connections connect into.... (please correct me if I'm wrong)
1: my SSD
2. my HDD (I do intend to run a raid o HDD). Si with 2 HDDs in RAID O, that requires 2 SATA III connections?
3. MY optical drive. (If I choose to go with an internal).
4. My card read ( If I go with an internal )

Does a SATA III connections plug into my liquid cooling unit? I am looking into going with a Corsair 100i? Or does that plug into my MOBO?
Does my graphics card plug into a SATA III connections? Or does that plug into my MOBO
Case fans and internal fans: My case has an exhaust and 2 intake fans. I do intend to add some HDD fans. What do all the fans connect into?

Thanks for reading and helping.

1.Liquid cooling plugs into mobo where the fan would plug in
2.Graphics card plugs into the PCI/PCIE on mobo.
3. your mobo specs will stat/show how many fan connectors it has.if its only 1 then you will have to connect the other fans to the PSU with a 3pin to molex adaptor.

Ok to simplify everything takes power, and anything not connecting directly to the board typically will take a power connector be it SATA or Molex.

HDDs, SSDs, and Optical drives all take 1 SATA power connector. The H100i takes a SATA power connector.

Now I have to ask, if this is a basic build why are you buying an H100i and what are you pairing it to? Overkill is fine, but if you haven't purchased yet I'd advise not doing so.

Back
Top Bottom