Looking to get my first graphics card

Okay, so I ordered the GPU. When it arrives, how should I go about setting it up? From what I can tell I need to update my bios, install the new GPU's drivers, and uninstall my old integrated graphics drivers. Is there anything else I need to do and in which order should I do these?

I talked to a customer service rep and he said I should check for an update to my bios (which there is) and will my computer still, like, turn on and function with no graphics drivers?

Ahh, okay. I was scared that the screen wouldn't turn on or something. So, should I update the bios?

BIOS update shouldn't be necessary unless there's something specific with the BIOS update that fixes some issue related to GPU's (don't see why there would be).

Alright, I had a lot of difficulty getting the GPU actually into its slot, and while nothing looks broken I'm scared that it could be causing problems. The GPU isn't showing up anywhere on my computer and the drivers won't install because of that. What did I do wrong, or is the bios actually to blame?

whatever you do, don't cut part of it off to make it fit.

Hah, good plan. I removed the GPU and reinstalled it, this time very easily, but the computer still isn't picking it up. I also updated my bios.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom