Electric shock feeling when touching the computer

Yes , and I can't disconnect it from the power cord because it mean touching the computer.

If you unplugged the power cord from the wall, and pressed the power button several times to dissipate any stored electricity...and you're still getting that feeling...then are you sure it's even coming from your computer?

Yes , actually it was not connected directly to the wall.It was connected to a splitter that also has the screen connected to it .

If there is a short circuit within the computer, you should not feel anything since the computer chassis should be grounded through the power supply cord to earth ground. If this is the case, then you should stop using the computer immediately and have an electrician check the wiring in your house.

If you have unplugged the system and let it sit for a short time or pressed the power button several times to ensure the PSU caps have bled off, then there is no way you should feel any sensation. If you are, it's your imagination or something to do with your body's nervous system.

I think its you picking up a static charge like I first said lol. I get that in my office on 1 certain floor lol (brand new flooring)

I think its you picking up a static charge like I first said lol. I get that in my office on 1 certain floor lol (brand new flooring)

You are probably right. I think I get the same feeling when I touch the in my room window.
I can't tell now because all of the electric shocs (or my imagination) .
Its maybe the storm that made me or my floor doing this.
And I get this shock when I stand on a wooden chair.

I am using 18th century' s technics to check if it short circuit or not.I am
touch metal and check my hand.

I am using 18th century' s technics to check if it short circuit or not.I am
touch metal and check my hand.

Atleast you know now that there might be a chance your Electro, and that spiderman is about to swing through your window!:cool:

If it's static electricity then your initial touch will discharge it and touching further will have no effect (until you build up another charge).

Back
Top Bottom