Electric shock feeling when touching the computer

shahar

Solid State Member
Hello,
Since yesterday my computer has started transfering a weird feeling when I thought it(like the feeling you get when you hold a battery).
What is it and should I take the computer to the store?

Hello,
Since yesterday my computer has started transfering a weird feeling when I thought it(like the feeling you get when you hold a battery).
What is it and should I take the computer to the store?

Sounds like you have a short-circuit on your machine, check to make sure your mobo is seated correct and not wire connections are touching metal

Yes , but it is working fine.

It can still work with a short depending where the short is..

Maybe your getting a static charge from your environment and discharging when you touch it.. try touching something metal before you touch your machine in the area

Last edited:
I tried , the computer still feels the same.I think it short circuit.

Your going to have to unplug it, open it up and look for any loose debris, screws, wires (maybe a wire is shorting), etc, also check to make sure the mobo is seated correct, test the PSU with a tester.

Remove your GPU if you have one, and any additional components leaving the CPU RAM and HD and try and boot and see if it still happens.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are setting up a new virtual/real world experience system= if you die while gaming you get shocked!! LOL

I disconnected the computer from the electricity and it is still doing this .(desktop)

If you've disconnected it from the wall, press the power button a few times to drain any leftover charge that's still in the PSU's capacitors.

After that, does it still feel like there's something running through it?

Back
Top Bottom