Best Laptop for a College Student

krashlev

Solid State Member
I will be attending college next year and am planning to dorm there. I am going to major in CS or Software engineering. I am wondering which laptop is best for it and my budget is around $1500. Please recommend some for me. Thanks.

What are you wanting to do on it besides school work?
Do you know what languages you'll be developing for / what environments you'll be developing in?

I have no idea what language I'll be developing for and I will probably do some light gaming such as league of legends and browsing the web.

Well for $1500 you can get a pretty decent gaming laptop.

Look into MSI, Asus, and Sager.

Definitely take a look at Dell's Inspiron lineup (Or for something a little bit more expensive but more powerful, XPS). They're well within your budget, reasonably priced (From Dell's official website), pack a punch, and are overall durable business laptops.

Their i5s and such will most likely be able to hand casual gaming well as well as, like previously said, programming environments.

It really depends, splashing out $1500 on a gaming computer just if you're going to be using it for a 'lil bit of LoL and programming isn't really necessary as you can always save money left over for other stuff. But yeah, definitely check out Dell's Factory Outlet and you can sometimes get some good deals on there as well.

I had a 13" MacBook Air going through college. Lightweight and powerful enough to do 95% of what I needed to do. One of the best laptops I've ever owned :tongue:

Thanks guys I was wondering which OS would be better? Macs or Windows for a college student, A lot of my friends are getting Macbooks and I've been using windows my whole life but i was thinking of changing.

Back
Top Bottom