Looking to get my first graphics card

ShoMeso

Solid State Member
Computer: HP Pavilion p6-2330
Processor: AMD A10-5700 Trinity Quad-Core 3.4GHz
Motherboard: MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine)
RAM: 6GB
Power Supply: 300W Internal

As of now the integrated graphics that come with my processor only allow for 25 fps on med-low settings with games like Guild Wars 2 and Assassin's Creed IV. Any suggestions for graphics cards (and power supplies if need be) to boost this? I'm looking for the ~$100 price range.

Will that 300 watt HP generic PSU be able to push the 750 ti? Will it fit?
The 750 ti's minimum req. PSU is 300W, so it can technically handle it, but I'm not sure if I should buy a better power supply too just in case.

I'm not saying it's the best, but in his situation it's the best he can do with his money. He can get a better PSU and a lower performing higher wattage card, or get a low wattage higher performing 750ti.

Alright, thanks a lot for the insight. If the PSU couldn't handle it by chance, would just that be damaged or would the card/processor take a hit too?

There's no telling but considering you'll barely be pulling half the peak wattage of that PSU you should be 100% fine. Only if you get the 750ti though. If you read my sticky thread, or any others here, you'd know how serious the PSU is to me when recommending builds.

Back
Top Bottom