Building first computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your motherboard i would get an
Abit AV8-3rd Eye Via K8T800. Much better for socket 939 and has insane over clocking options!

If you decide to follow any of the above opinions and run that board with a 64 bit, you might consider a larger power supply... Especially if you think maybe klater on youll add some stuff into the comp.

ok,
well my video card budget is under $160. So I am looking at the 9800pro or the 9600. The 9800pro is $155 and the Powercolor 9600 is $145. How does that sound? Which one?
KB

millerhighlife_ said:
I agree that the 9800 is great but if he isn't gonna be gaming I would definately go with the 9600xt. Also, PCI is sloooow. AGP is the standard now and it's looks like it's gonna be fading soon to pci-e. Don't even bother looking at pci-e though, 8x AGP is all you need.

isnt it a shame tho that pci-e is taking over the front i mean it sounds like the future and in 2 years it prolly will b the standards

its funny too cuz if u look at the 2 top end cards out there (6800U and x800xt) there isnt even a smidge of evidence of bottlenecking on either in 8x...pcie just seems 2 be rushed way too soon when better video cards still prolly could be released in agp for a while.

sony will be releasing exclusively pcie gpus and slots with there new desktops (R series) in the beginning of winter and u know if sony does it hp and dell will follow eventually. so unfortunatley i think ur right that agp will soon be dead.

THANK YOU!!

Well,
I got all the part for computer, this is what I ended up with...

Asus A8V Deluxe Via Socket 939 ATX Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor
Two Kingston 512 mg 3200 DDR
ATI RADEON 9600 128MB DDR AGP 1X/2X/4X/8X
Element 350 watt case (http://www.elements-pc.com/product/case/788BW350.htm)
Two 12" dual cold cathod uv lights
UV reactive IDE cables

Final computer will have the above plus:
additional 512mg DDR
DVD R/RW
CD R/RW
2 40 gig and 1 200 gig HD
Hercules Sound card

I put everything together, has some issues at first, trouble shooted and now the computer runs! WOW. I still have to set everything up, but it is a start, once again thanks.
KB

I was going to get th cream on, but the black on was on sale, couldn't go wrong with a sale. Can you guys give me some ideas of how the uv lights look inside a case? ( Pictures)
KB

Newbie_KB said:
I was going to get th cream on, but the black on was on sale, couldn't go wrong with a sale. Can you guys give me some ideas of how the uv lights look inside a case? ( Pictures)
KB

http://www.notinteresting.com/photoalbum/030912newcomputer/S_P9140207.JPG

UV lights only really work if u have UV reactive material in ur case. If not then i'd just go with regular CCFL or sumthin. it does look kewl though if u have UV reactive paint or on mobo or sumthin.

That is the look I want! I am getting the uv reactive IDE cables, any other ideas for that enhanced look? Is uv reactive paint ok on mobo? kinda nervous about that one... Let me know some more ideas, I really want to surprise him, he has not idea. KB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom