windows 7-vista am i missing something?

AMD6415

In Runtime
So awhile back Id bought a netbook and best buy gave me recovery disks and a driver disk. I put windows 7 on it thinking it would be fast enough but it just creeps along so I want to put vista back on it as it ran pretty well with that. Now my question is can I get vista on it with these recovery disks? Cause I currently haven't had any luck being able to do this or do I need have a copy of vista? thanks

Can it boot up to the recovery disks?
If this netbook does not have a dvd drive and your using a usb drive then you can set the bios to boot from a usb device.
You didn't state the brand or model number but sometimes the recovery disk will need to access the recovery partition on the hard drive, if you removed this partition when you installed Windows 7 then you might need to see if you can get the full recovery disk set from the manufacture. Just tell them you lost the recovery partition and need to full set of disks.....It''l run about $20 to $30. for s&h

I'm guessing the recovery discs install Win7?

Do you have a key for Vista on the bottom of the netbook?

I doubt your netbook would run Vista better than Win 7. Win 7 is less resource intensive than Vista so is better suited for a netbook.

Back
Top Bottom