Best CPU Thermal paste 2014/2015

1etherer

Fully Optimized
Just want to get a Recommend on a "as good or better" thermal paste than Noctua's NT-H1?

Would anyone suggest anything different?

(maybe this thread should move to mods??)

Last edited:
Personally, I like Artic MX-4, it's nothing that better or worse than the others except that it has an 8 yr warranty not to dry out.
Here's a review of 17 Thermal Pastes
Geek Tested: 17 Thermal Pastes Face Off - Page 1 | Maximum PC

You have some good stuff...
NT-H1 is good stuff. At full burn our processor only averaged 81.25C, and at our processor's idle temps (still far higher than most processors' burn temps) were just 41C.

Geek Approved?: Yes

I used to use AS5 all the time (it's good too) but I noticed if you let it sit for any length of time, it tends to separate in the tube

I used to use AS5 all the time (it's good too) but I noticed if you let it sit for any length of time, it tends to separate in the tube
I've had the same tubes for the past 8 or so years. They hardly get used and they aren't separated. I have a small one and a large one.

I use AS5 and Xigmatek usually for OC stuff. For normal builds shop wise just the stock TIM of course.

Last time I bought a Xigmatek cooler (Rifle S1283...Good 'ol Core2Duo)...they were including tubes of TX-2. Used AS5 prior to that, and had several TX-2 tubes. Just opened my last one a month or so ago.

Last time I bought a Xigmatek cooler (Rifle S1283...Good 'ol Core2Duo)...they were including tubes of TX-2. Used AS5 prior to that, and had several TX-2 tubes. Just opened my last one a month or so ago.

I went for the MX 4, ill see how it performs:cool:

Back
Top Bottom