Seagate Drive not being detected

DarkNecroWolf

Beta member
I have a new 1TB Seagate SATA drive. After physically installing the drive I attempted to boot the computer only to find out that the drive wasn't detected. I tried changing SATA cables with one of my other HDDs which I know was working and the same thing happened except this time when I booted I found a new unallocated space for a 3.86GB drive that I can't do anything to. diskpart doesn't detect it and neither does Seagate's useless Discwizard program. I don't really want to wait and return it because I don't have the patience for it since I've been waiting to upgrade my storage from just 2 250GB hard disks.

If you're wondering about whether it's some sort of compatibility issue these are my specs:
MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard
16GB GSKill Ripjaws
AMD FX8350 processor
Running Windows 8.1 Pro

Attachments

• Computer Mgmt.jpg
    Computer Mgmt.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 11
Try booting off of a GParted LiveCD and see if it recognizes it as the full size.

If not, then send it back as defective and get a replacement.

Yeah. I checked the BIOS already and its never picked it up. Most of my SATA cables are new and I have a few I was using and using those didnt help.

I do have 2 250GB I have one unplugged while I was troubleshooting. Disk 0 in the screenshot is my first one.

Yeah. I checked the BIOS already and its never picked it up. Most of my SATA cables are new and I have a few I was using and using those didnt help.

I do have 2 250GB I have one unplugged while I was troubleshooting. Disk 0 in the screenshot is my first one.

If BIOS isn't picking it up, then it's probably a dead drive.

You can try a different SATA port, or even a different system to double check.

Yeah just buy a new one because once you buy another one and it has the same issue you will then know what your next steps may be

Back
Top Bottom