How does this Computer look?

Lukario45

Baseband Member
I am in the process of building my first gaming build. I have already decided on the parts that I am buying, but unless someone finds something terrible about one of the parts I have picked out, anything from incompatibility to just bad in general, please tell me! I have bought the Mobo already so there is no chance that I will change it. I am a Windows user and nothing will change that. WIth this build I plan to use Windows 8(8.1) unless Windows 10 comes out before I build it! I also know the case is fairly expensive but if anyone knows of anything that is better looking please tell me! Thanks!
=====
EDIT
=====
I should actually post the link right?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pXcMrH

The Radeon R9 280's Memory is 3GB and the one I have chosen has 4GB Memory, unless I get the one that has 6GB. I don't know what I am going to do with the PSU yet, I don't want to get too much power but I am afraid the current one is cutting it close. Thanks for your input!

If your gaming at 1080p which I would imagine you are 3gb will be enough. You won't have the power behind you regardless of memory to crank the settings and run higher resolutions. I haven't hears many good things about raidmax psu's. I personally wouldn't buy one for my system. Silverstone or rosewill/corsair even evga makes good price friendly psu's.

You won't have the power behind you regardless of memory to crank the settings and run higher resolutions.
Can you go in more depth about this please? I plan to use an Ultra wide monitor but when going around I want to game on a TV and past experience I saw with my friend who had the chipset you pointed out and it tore on TV, I want to use the two cheaper ones for the 2 Way Crossfire which should prevent the tearing

Meaning a single R9280 wouldn't have enough graphic capabilities to run say dying light at 1440 with the settings maxed out and have playable frame rates. You'd have to dial the settings back a little to get a constant 60fps thus reducing the need for more vram. And I'm not sure how crossfire would prevent tearing. With my ultra wide 3440x1440 and dual 970's I'm getting around 45 - 50 fps in that game with all settings maxed and a lot of tearing without vsync.

Yea, your thought process there is backwards buddy. Running two cards doesn't do squat for tearing, but it does add micro-stutter which IMO is worse. They are also extremely weak cards.

You'd be better off getting a GTX 960 for the money.

That CPU can be dropped to the 8320 as well. Save your money where it counts. (The 8350 and above are literally the same processor as the 8320, just clocked higher)

Don't buy that craptacular PSU either. Use the extra money saved on that CPU to get at least a Corsair CX500.

You'd also be better off just getting yourself a cheaper case to give more of a budget towards better GPU power. Seriously, if you want to game at 1080p or above you want a decent graphics solution and a quality PSU behind it.

Meaning a single R9280 wouldn't have enough graphic capabilities to run say dying light at 1440 with the settings maxed out and have playable frame rates. You'd have to dial the settings back a little to get a constant 60fps thus reducing the need for more vram. And I'm not sure how crossfire would prevent tearing. With my ultra wide 3440x1440 and dual 970's I'm getting around 45 - 50 fps in that game with all settings maxed and a lot of tearing without vsync.
But didn't you just say to get the R9?

Back
Top Bottom