Final PC... I Think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

XkillerX

Solid State Member
I am making my first PC and I've been checking everything to see if this is good. I would like to know your suggestions on it and maybe recommend better parts, or add any feedback. I want to have a good enough system to last at least 3 years without upgrades. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Case: JustPC Silver/DarkGray ATX Mid Tower Case With 450W
Motherboard: Albatron "PX915P PRO" for Intel LGA775 CPU
CPU: Intel LGA 775 Pentium 4 540 3.2 GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache
HDD: Western Digital 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
CDRW: SONY Beige 52x32x52
DVDRW: Sony Internal 16X DVD+R / Double Layer/DVD+RW Drive
Video Card: ATI Radeon X700 PRO Video Card, 256MB DDR
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy ES PCI Sound Card
RAM: PDP SYSTEMS Memory Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB (512MBx2)
Monitor: NU QL-711V 17" LCD Monitor

Click here for everything

Oh, I promise you...you will get this one built and 6 months from now you'll be drooling over the newer motherboards or graphics cards or cases...it's a disease, I tell you. One for which there is NO CURE! Liz

I don't need top of the line for the years to come, I just want a good one right now. I expect all this stuff to be outdated in 3 years, but I want something that will last 3 years without being totally outdated, like not even being able to play a new game. I'm going off to college in a year so I won't need top of the line when I'm there. I would just like opinions and recommendations on how it is in today's standards.

i think that's a great setup. i'd skip on the audio card though...maybe look at getting a set of plantronics dsp500's. you'll love the pci-e graphics.

i've got the same card and its amazing. HL2, farcry, CS: S, etc. all maxed quality settings, all over 100fps.

that hard drive is quite large. i'd maybe suggest getting a 36GB 10k rpm drive for your system then another sata drive, 7200rpm(cheaper) for your audio/video/misc. files.

otherwise great system setup. you should be able to overclock that processor to about 3.6ghz without any problems or having to up the voltage or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom