huge problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

heaiser

Solid State Member
Last night I reformatted my computer because it was running poor and it was a long time since Ive reformatted. Well, I backed some things up on another partition and then moved them back after I reinstalled. Problem is, I was dumb and deleted the back up copies and something crazy happened with my new windows partition.

What happened is I rebooted after doing a windows update and after the windows loading screen it wouldnt boot into windows. After a long time I finally got it to boot and everything I had installed after reformatting was either gone or not working. I also lost the data that I moved back over (like my emails).

I have been trying some recovery programs and found everything BUT my email, which is what I really want. Can anyone tell me why this would happen or how to fix it? I did find the folders that use to contain my email with a recovery program but all of the files in those folders were gone and I can't recover them. Thanks.

heaiser.

Suggestions....

It seems that there might be some problem with the windows update that you did earlier....I can't think of any recovery option ,but try using XP disc to 'repair' .It might be of some help..

Last night I finally recovered all of the data that I thought I had lost... but Im still stumped as to why this would have happened. It was just really weird. I also checked my disk for bad sectors... nothing there. Maybe it was the windows update? Hmmm, well I guess I would rather find out before I reformat again. This install is technically working now but all my programs are still messed up.

I used getdataback to recover my data. The whole partition was never lost, just really messed up with a lot of data missing.

heaiser,

By the way, dont use windows update . Some update smay give you protecion, while most of them give you more bugs. So eventually you will suffer a new problem with your OS. .... only get the critical updates, install sp2, have a few protection tools like spybot/adaware/avast,zonelarm..they are more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom