Hear screeching, preparing for death

Both items will work for you. Just hook the l-shaped end to your hdd and the straight end to the board. Also the power supply does have the power capability to power your sata hdd

Your motherboard should have come with enough cables. You shouldn't need any power cables because the psu comes with those. You can put the hdd on sata2.

Both items will work for you. Just hook the l-shaped end to your hdd and the straight end to the board. Also the power supply does have the power capability to power your sata hdd

Alright.

Your motherboard should have come with enough cables. You shouldn't need any power cables because the psu comes with those. You can put the hdd on sata2.
Either I misplaced them or only came with 1 cable. Been a bit over 2 years, not surprised if I did lose them.

Well any SATA cables will work. I'd stick with straight cables.

But for the SSD to utilize its full potential speed, it needs to be hooked into a Sata3 port and have a 3.0 cable no?

A straight cable is where there is no L or 90 degree bend on either side correct? Is that a preference or is there a benefit of having a straight cable?

But for the SSD to utilize its full potential speed, it needs to be hooked into a Sata3 port and have a 3.0 cable no?

A straight cable is where there is no L or 90 degree bend on either side correct? Is that a preference or is there a benefit of having a straight cable?

The cable doesn't regulate speed - only the ports/chipset on the motherboard do.

A straight cable just means it doesn't have 90* SATA connectors. Advantage is it doesn't take up more room - 90* ones can potentially block other ports, depending on the cable you get (if it's 90* on both ends...generally they have 1 straight end for the board and 1 90* end for the drive).

Straight cables are a no BS setup. If you're afraid of blocking your other port or getting the wrong 90 degree ended cable then just get straight cables. As was mentioned, all SATA cables are the same, they don't depict speed. To make it easier as I said before you can plug your HDD into a SATA 2 port. There won't be any difference for the HDD.

Back
Top Bottom