Need advice about harassment at work

Problem is she must PROVE they let her go over it, that's like saying an employee was sexually harassed by another employee and thus can never be terminated for not being able to perform the job at hand. All in all, it's two separate issues.

As for them all being contractors, chances are there's not much that HR can do what so ever.

The comment alone in the associated conversation is enough for him to be at least written up on.

Written up yes, certainly, terminated, sadly, probably not. This is why I hate contracted work.

that's why I'm wondering if this will all even be worth it?
Like what's the point if he gets slap on the shoulder and then treats her even worse or tries getting her fired in other ways.
He's a contractor as well.
He always has private meetings with the other members of the team and doesn't include her.
Their current project is about to end so she feels like he's got the other people secured for another project and he'll leave her out of it.
She was part of another team when she started with a better manager and when that project ended she was referred to this project and the manager didn't seem to like her from the start

Dam - I hate this crap.... MY wife had a boss long ago that was an ASS like this. We put up with it as it was 20 years ago. But, as soon as she could she was gone. He never payed her her last bonus, about a year later my wife and I saw him in a bar with a few of his buddies. HE came over to me to impress his friends ( ya idiot- like anyone cares about knowing a DC - but people knew I was treating some of the Pittsburgh Steeler players , and other local celebrities etc. - the idiot) and he tried "smalltalk"' with me and never even said hello to his ex-employee - I called him a ******* loud enough for his friends to hear. He started getting all "chest pushed out" and I reminded him him how big I am and my hockey past from MN and the fact that I knew how to hurt people as well as help them. - he went away quickly. Sometimes these kind of people need to be punished - one way or the other. For us- it was the embarrassment he had to take for acting that way. You have the legal stuff option now- we did not.

she was referred to this project and the manager didn't seem to like her from the start

At times like this theres nothing you can do and hope for the best.
Go ahead and let him make the wrong move.
Both of you may like whats going to happen but neither will he down the road. :|
Many times as I have been screwed over and fired by managers or supervisors or secretarys.
It doesn't always end well for them.

Good luck with your problem.

Is this a small business where he is the Boss? or a large business where you can escalate this too?

Small business - Document every thing and seek legal advise. She might want to start looking for work else where.

Large Business - Document every thing Escalate this to his manager.

Is this a small business where he is the Boss? or a large business where you can escalate this too?

Small business - Document every thing and seek legal advise. She might want to start looking for work else where.

I agree with harp on that one, if you do plan on fighting this against him.
When looking for legal help make sure the lawyer or legal office your dealing with doesn't work for him.

"conflict of interest"

Large business
she works at Xcel energy, they're a huge electric company
She might let this go (I wish she doesn't)
The manager hasn't shown up to work he spoke to her so she's been feeling better without him over there.
She's just nervous to go threw the whole thing which I told her not to, I told her I'd be okay if she'd be let go for standing up for something that wasn't right.
She wants to just quit which I'm not okay with, because he wins and he'll continue doing this

Back
Top Bottom